Biglaw Antitrust Practice? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Biglaw Antitrust Practice?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:21 pm

Hi All,

I'm will be working as a SA with a NYC Biglaw firm this summer. I have started thinking more about the practice groups I want to get involved with, and while I am certainly open-minded, one of my major areas of interest is antitrust. I have been interning in the AT division of a state AG's office, and I'm especially interested in AT issues affecting the pharma industry. As far as I can tell, the firm I'll be working for this summer does a fair amount of antitrust litigation (I am much more litigation-focused), but does a lot more transactional AT work for M&As. Also, based on its website, the firm appears to have way more partners than associates working for the AT group.

I'm just curious whether anyone on this forum has experience working with a Biglaw antitrust practice group, and if so, what the work is like for junior associates? Aspects of work you really like/dislike? Is it difficult to break into this field? Overall, would you recommend it?

Thanks in advance!

jimmythecatdied6

Bronze

Re: Biglaw Antitrust Practice?

Post by jimmythecatdied6 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:06 pm

If you are into econ & law, then antitrust can be an interesting practice to get into. I should note that I'm a junior and have only been on the clearance side of things, but I have enjoyed it a ton for a few reasons: 1- lots of client interaction, which I don't get in general litigation (which can be a good and a bad thing depending on the volume of requests you get/how demanding the client is; but on the whole, it's been a net positive); and 2 - having a role in deal work without actually having to deal with the drudgery of being a "traditional" M&A junior associate.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”