vague application project, help Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

vague application project, help

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:16 am

I applied to a nonprofit, and they moved me to the next round of the application process, which consists of a timed project. The only info they gave is that they will send me the project and I have a certain number of hours to finish it. The project consists of work products that I would normally be required to complete as part of the job.

The organization basically advocates for their cause, by giving compliance counsel to private companies that support the cause, and also just advocating for/lobbying for the cause by identifying regulatory pathways in various government agencies both domestically and internationally.

This job is my top choice, I really want it.

They said I can feel free to call and ask any questions before proceeding.

- Do you have any ideas of what kinds of work assignments they might give me? I never worked in this type of organization before and don't know what to expect. I want to take a few days to prepare beforehand..
- Is there anything I should ask them about the assignment/rules before it starts?

Return to “Legal Employment”