Kirkland & Ellis Private Equity Real Estate? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Kirkland & Ellis Private Equity Real Estate?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:41 pm

Hi, I recently attended a lunch/presentation by attorneys for Kirkland & Ellis' New York real estate group. I was wondering if anyone has more information about working in this practice group/hours, or types of clients, practice group culture etc?

They specified that this group focuses mostly on private equity funds and real estate, rather than "dirt work" like at a traditional real estate group such as Fried Frank etc. I would appreciate any other information!

Thanks!

Anonymous User

Re: Kirkland & Ellis Private Equity Real Estate?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:58 pm

bump....anyone?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:38 pm

I assume you're talking about the RE practice that is essentially a support group to the corporate M&A practice. Basically doing diligence for RE issues on a target company, writing up a memo, negotiating RE issues in the purchase agreement, etc. You'll be on about a million deals and constantly be running from fire drill to fire drill. But good experience I would think (I don't do RE). I can't speak for NY, but it doesn't seem like they can hold on to associates very long in that group in Chicago.

v5junior

Bronze

Post by v5junior » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:54 am

Or do you mean the RE practice that is essentially an M&A practice that only does acquisitions of real estate assets? I don't think K&E does much of that.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”