1L Internships Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
irlaxgirl

New

1L Internships

Post by irlaxgirl » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:02 am

How long does it generally take to hear back from internship applications? I am a decent student (we don't get rankings until second semesters grades), and have lots of relevant experience - like currently working with a firm in my desired field (though they can't provide many hours for summer). I have sent out around 50 applications over the last two months and have not heard anything, even form the beginning. I'm working with many career people and everything, just stressing about it. Thank you.

Anonymous User

Re: 1L Internships

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:09 pm

School rank? Class rank estimate? Type of internship? Market?

There's really not much to go off of here by way of "internships". Many biglaw firms have already filled their 1L classes, while some PI orgs haven't even opened applications yet.

Anonymous User

Re: 1L Internships

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:School rank? Class rank estimate? Type of internship? Market?

There's really not much to go off of here by way of "internships". Many biglaw firms have already filled their 1L classes, while some PI orgs haven't even opened applications yet.
We don't have rankings yet (1L), but if it is close to last years I am around top 35%. I am at a t2 in a big market, big city. Looking for IP (I am currently working in IP but they are small and will not take a summer intern), am heavily involved in all the local bar associations and spend a large amount of my time networking and making connections. I am not looking for big law, but boutique, if possible. If not, I am looking for litigation. Everyone looking over my materials say they look great, but nothing. Feeling very lost right now.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”