Quinn Emanuel Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Quinn Emanuel

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:54 pm

Any insight on whether the hours/quality of life reputation is true? Especially interested with regards to Chicago office, but any insight appreciated.

nleefer

New

Re: Quinn Emanuel

Post by nleefer » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:27 pm

Former CA associate. Hours expectations are high -- even compared to most other biglaw firms -- and are taken quite seriously. Quality of life can vary a lot based on many factors, including who you work with and what sort of cases you get. For my part, I don't regret spending time at the firm, and got a lot of great experience.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:28 pm

Yeah, you work a lot. There's no official hours requirement, but there's more work that needs to get done than there is time to do it in--you will constantly feel like you are behind. Also, it depends on the partners you work with, but many/most do not respect weekends or vacations. That said, there is very much an in-the-trenches mentality, so if you thrive in that type of environment, you will love it.

Chicago's a tiny office with very little clout in the firm as a whole. That might mean that you are sheltered a bit from the expectations and demands coming from the main offices, but it also means that there is nowhere to hide if you are working with someone in the Chicago office.

The QE brand carries a lot of clout and is a great addition to a resume. In my opinion, though, the workload isn't worth it if you have an offer at a comparable firm.

Source: Former Associate

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:44 am

any insight in hiring needs when they open a new office? specially, the Boston office? as a rising 3L, could I reach out now and ask if they would like any help over the summer, will they be hiring 3l's to come in as first years, or does the firm grow new offices with laterals and clerks?

I am an HYS student if it matters.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:40 pm

Just email your resume to recruiting. It can’t possibly hurt.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”