Using a gym for the summer? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Using a gym for the summer?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:27 am

I go to the gym a lot and use heavy equipment like squat racks and bench presses. During the school year, I have plenty of time and use my school's gym.

However, this summer, I will be in DC. I want to continue to go the gym, but I am not sure how I will.

What do you recommend? Join a gym in the city for two months and then cancel my membership?

EDIT: It's not a firm job.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jhett

Bronze

Re: Using a gym for the summer?

Post by jhett » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:54 am

Some firms have a gym on site that employees can use for free. Other firms provide free or discount memberships to nearby gyms for the summer. Most biglaw firms have some sort of gym benefit, so it shouldn't be an issue. You can ask the HR department about it.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:16 am

If you're living near any university, you may be able to use their gym. I was living near Foggy Bottom and was able to use the GW gym for a fairly reasonable cost.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:22 pm

jhett wrote:Some firms have a gym on site that employees can use for free. Other firms provide free or discount memberships to nearby gyms for the summer. Most biglaw firms have some sort of gym benefit, so it shouldn't be an issue. You can ask the HR department about it.
It is not a firm---government.

anon3030

New

Post by anon3030 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:10 pm

the federal district courthouse has a nice free gym for anyone working there.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Pomeranian

Bronze

Post by Pomeranian » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:06 pm

Lots of chain gyms will have summer student memberships (Town Sports Clubs, etc).

ur_hero

Bronze

Post by ur_hero » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:54 pm

Lol, I'm a little confused by the point of this thread....Google gyms near where you're living...Pick one based on convenience, price, and how much you like it.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:08 am

anon3030 wrote:the federal district courthouse has a nice free gym for anyone working there.
Everyone knows the biggest perk of a SCOTUS clerkship is Monday night pickup with RBG

SFSpartan

Silver

Post by SFSpartan » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:54 pm

DC has a bunch of interns that come to work in government for the summer, so a lot of the gyms will have offers geared toward people that will only be in D.C. for a couple months.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”