Does anyone know if the California AG does drug testing? (I’m a MMJ user) Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Does anyone know if the California AG does drug testing? (I’m a MMJ user)

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:16 pm

I’m sure I might get no shortage of “just stop doing drugs LOL” replies regardless but just for the hell of it, I should specify that I have a form of epilepsy and use exclusively high CBD strains of medical marijuana in the state of California legally (at least per California, legally).

I can quit if needed for a job and have it out of my system in weeks probably given that what I use contains statistically insignificant amounts of THC, but yeah, would love to keep using it so my brain doesn’t misfire when I am trying to sleep.

I’m also an experienced attorney with a couple of years in private practice considering an attempt to make my way into the AG’s office here.

Any experiences or accounts would be appreciated. I have perused the CA.gov websites and signs seem to point to no, they don’t test, but I figure that might vary.

Does anyone know if they test for any of those positions? If yes, for marijuana specifically? Thanks.

Anonymous User

Re: Does anyone know if the California AG does drug testing? (I’m a MMJ user)

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:22 pm

Bump, also curious, but for a different state for a summer position. Not sure if states will differ (I imagine they would?), but I also feel like for budget reasons they likely would not drug test unpaid summer workers.

sittykitty

Bronze

Post by sittykitty » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I’m sure I might get no shortage of “just stop doing drugs LOL” replies regardless but just for the hell of it, I should specify that I have a form of epilepsy and use exclusively high CBD strains of medical marijuana in the state of California legally (at least per California, legally).

I can quit if needed for a job and have it out of my system in weeks probably given that what I use contains statistically insignificant amounts of THC, but yeah, would love to keep using it so my brain doesn’t misfire when I am trying to sleep.

I’m also an experienced attorney with a couple of years in private practice considering an attempt to make my way into the AG’s office here.

Any experiences or accounts would be appreciated. I have perused the CA.gov websites and signs seem to point to no, they don’t test, but I figure that might vary.

Does anyone know if they test for any of those positions? If yes, for marijuana specifically? Thanks.
The DA's offices drug test, so the AG's office probably does too.

Moneytrees

Silver

Post by Moneytrees » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:00 pm

NY Attorney General's office did not drug test summer interns.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”