TIP/TARE 2018 Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: TIP/TARE 2018

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:If you haven't heard anything at this point, you aren't going to.
I was contacted by two TIP interviewers this week for callbacks.
Same - just scheduled a Deloitte practice group callback for next week.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:If you haven't heard anything at this point, you aren't going to.
I was contacted by two TIP interviewers this week for callbacks.
Same - just scheduled a Deloitte practice group callback for next week.
So you're telling me there's a chance! Thanks for the updates

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:00 pm

Did anyone hear if squire patton boggs hired this year?

beautyistruth

Bronze

Post by beautyistruth » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Can anyone verify contact from Amazon? Thought my interview went really well, but have not been contacted. They did interview a lot of people this year.
My interviewer basically guaranteed that I would get a callback (apparently there are two more rounds of phone interviews before they fly you out to Seattle, so they are fairly liberal with them) and still haven't heard anything.
Amazon hires straight out of the LLM? ...Is this a common thing? (Trying to decide whether to do one, and this greatly increases the value of an LLM to me)

Good luck, everybody!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:16 am

Amazon hires straight out of the LLM? ...Is this a common thing? (Trying to decide whether to do one, and this greatly increases the value of an LLM to me
Yes, they come to GULC/NYU's TIP interviews at least. Highly competitive of course, but it's not beyond the realm of possibility.

Has anyone heard from any other law firms? I'm waiting to hear about one in particular I'm still optimistic about...but the wait drags on. I'm pretty much over TIP at this point and focusing on upcoming interviews I have scored since.

That said, dinged at Haynes & Boone in Texas, which was no surprise at least. Sometimes you just don't vibe.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 01, 2018 4:32 am

Did anyone get a gauge on the $ difference between the Big 4 offers or were they all basically the same?

timesnewboston

New

Post by timesnewboston » Fri May 25, 2018 11:43 pm

Starting Gtown tax LLM in the fall... any general takeaways from TIP and the LLM experience? Whats the conventional wisdom about level of competitiveness for getting a big 4 offer? How important are JD vs. LLM grades, work experience, bar passage status, etc?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat May 26, 2018 9:21 am

timesnewboston wrote:Starting Gtown tax LLM in the fall... any general takeaways from TIP and the LLM experience? Whats the conventional wisdom about level of competitiveness for getting a big 4 offer? How important are JD vs. LLM grades, work experience, bar passage status, etc?
I went to a Top 30 school. I finished in the bottom half of my class. I went to NYU, did just as poorly, if not worse. Still managed to get multiple Big 4 offers (in NY and elsewhere).

I honestly don’t think the big 4 cares about your LLM gpa as long as you went to a “good” law school (top 50) or did well at your law school.

Biglaw is a completely different story. You either need top grades from the LLM (probably 3.7+) and/or need to have gone to a top 20-30 school and been on journal/had honors. I know a few people who went to tier 4 law schools and did well in the LLM (I know someone who had a 3.77 or something first semester) yet completely struck out in biglaw.

This was 2 years ago so the market may have changed.

timesnewboston

New

Post by timesnewboston » Sun May 27, 2018 8:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
timesnewboston wrote:Starting Gtown tax LLM in the fall... any general takeaways from TIP and the LLM experience? Whats the conventional wisdom about level of competitiveness for getting a big 4 offer? How important are JD vs. LLM grades, work experience, bar passage status, etc?
I went to a Top 30 school. I finished in the bottom half of my class. I went to NYU, did just as poorly, if not worse. Still managed to get multiple Big 4 offers (in NY and elsewhere).

I honestly don’t think the big 4 cares about your LLM gpa as long as you went to a “good” law school (top 50) or did well at your law school.

Biglaw is a completely different story. You either need top grades from the LLM (probably 3.7+) and/or need to have gone to a top 20-30 school and been on journal/had honors. I know a few people who went to tier 4 law schools and did well in the LLM (I know someone who had a 3.77 or something first semester) yet completely struck out in biglaw.

Appreciate the response. I went to a T2 law school and only graduated only top 40%. I will take my LLM grades seriously haha

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:04 am

Anonymous User wrote:

I had all of those but didn't go to NYU. Think BU/Northwestern/UF (TARE, not TIP). Top 20 school. Secondary Journal E-board Editor. But no honors. 3.7ish Tax LLM GPA but only a 3.45ish JD GPA. Didn't get any bites from a law firm, but got multiple interviews from all of the Big 4 except Deloitte.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”