2L Summer Options Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

2L Summer Options

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:40 pm

Just got my grades for last semester and I did very well... I'm trying to see what my options could be for the summer. If I'm now around top 30% at a T20 in DC, where should I be looking? Are there any firms out there looking for SAs anymore? I thought some would pop up on symplicity but I don't see any... am I doomed to public sector?

Anonymous User

Re: 2L Summer Options

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:06 pm

It is almost certain that "BigLaw" will be out of the question for this coming summer now. However, I don't think you are doomed to public sector at all. Several mid, and almost all smaller firms (minus the famous boutique type ones), won't start hiring until the spring. Granted it was 1L year, but my small firm I worked at last summer (a dominant one in a smaller city, decent pay, etc.) did not start hiring until finals week last May. Stay positive, keep active!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”