Acceptable reasons for lateralling in same market Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Acceptable reasons for lateralling in same market

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:52 pm

I am a 2nd-year corporate associate that's been slow for a while and am getting concerned. Thinking proactively about applying elsewhere in my current market. My current firm is regarded as the best corporate firm in my market.

I am curious as to how I would answer the question of why I want to move in this situation? Any lateral will be downwards, so to speak, so I couldn't say I'm looking for better or more challenging work. And I don't think it would be prudent to say I am looking for better work-life balance.

How do people answer this question?

LaLiLuLeLo

Silver

Re: Acceptable reasons for lateralling in same market

Post by LaLiLuLeLo » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:01 pm

A firm may do a lot of a particular type of corporate work that you could use as a reason. Or they could have a more broad practice vs. (hypothetically) your firm only does PE M&A.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”