1L 3.61GPA at Fordham, Hispanic Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
ss45

New

1L 3.61GPA at Fordham, Hispanic

Post by ss45 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:02 am

I applied to only a couple 1L diversity positions since I wasn't expecting to be top 15%. are there other URM-type resources I should be exploiting?

Anonymous User

Re: 1L 3.61GPA at Fordham, Hispanic

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:20 am

I don't know about any other URM-specific programs besides just additional diversity programs (so, the whole list on the 1L LCLD webpage), but you can also apply far and wide to a variety of PI internships. You might be in a good position to apply to some of the remaining DOJ offices, or other FedGov positions. Also, apply broadly to judicial clerkships (both state and federal).

Also, since you're in NYC, you could apply to the City of New York's legal department (which pays 1Ls if funds are available).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:44 pm

I don't know if the deadline has already passed, but the NYC Bar also has a Diversity program where they match you either with a firm,or in house somewhere. You should consider checking that out.

Wild Card

Silver

Post by Wild Card » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:02 pm

You're late. Sprint to your career services center. They should have a big binder of all the positions you can apply for.

I'm at NYU, and I had no idea that the staff already did all the research for me. No one told me.

Good luck.

sittykitty

Bronze

Post by sittykitty » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I don't know if the deadline has already passed, but the NYC Bar also has a Diversity program where they match you either with a firm,or in house somewhere. You should consider checking that out.
I can confirm that the deadline for this has in fact passed.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”