Taking the bar exam in February for a third time, can't obtain employment feel like hell Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Taking the bar exam in February for a third time, can't obtain employment feel like hell

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:52 pm

I've been seeing new doctors etc. because I also suffer from ADHD, PTSD, Anxiety, and Depression from events I couldn't really control in my personal life. I've applied to tons of jobs on LinkedIn, idealist.org, mass mailed vault law firms (midlevel firms too), and only been lucky with an interview or two in between. I have no idea how some end up with JD preferred positions and alternative tracks. The Navy JAG program is the only interview I have coming up, but trying to get myself motivated to study a third time. Thank you for your help.

Anonymous User

Re: Taking the bar exam in February for a third time, can't obtain employment feel like hell

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:18 pm

Speak with your CDO. Law schools pride themselves on their students being able to secure employment. I am sure they will help you as much as they can.

Anonymous User

Re: Taking the bar exam in February for a third time, can't obtain employment feel like hell

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Speak with your CDO. Law schools pride themselves on their students being able to secure employment. I am sure they will help you as much as they can.
not op here. from my experience, working with CDO has been a huge waste of time. The only thing they can tell you to do is to apply more...

Mobster1983

New

Post by Mobster1983 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:55 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Speak with your CDO. Law schools pride themselves on their students being able to secure employment. I am sure they will help you as much as they can.
not op here. from my experience, working with CDO has been a huge waste of time. The only thing they can tell you to do is to apply more...
Depends on your CDO. Mine was great. I’m from a smaller state where the large majority of attorneys are local and he had great relationships with pretty much everyone. Any time an opening came out he would send out to the relevant class. I got several interviews and landed a state court clerkship based on his recommendations. YMMV of course.

To the OP, have you tried for any state clerkships? It is off cycle now, but you never know when these can come up. Don’t need bar passage for that. May not be the most “prestigious” position, at least compared to many of the conversations here, but it will still help you out quite a bit. Much better than being unemployed.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”