Duane Morris Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Duane Morris

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:23 am

not much posted on forum about duane morris. anyone summer there or know what work culture is like? how is pay and bonuses, hours? how are offices outside of Phila?

thanks

Anonymous User

Re: Duane Morris

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:14 am

Any info?

SomewhatLearnedHand

Bronze

Post by SomewhatLearnedHand » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:20 am

Only had call back for NYC so can't really provide all that much help but I know their pay is below market. I want to say $165K. Partner told me they had billable target of 1950, and obviously had to exceed that for bonus.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:not much posted on forum about duane morris. anyone summer there or know what work culture is like? how is pay and bonuses, hours? how are offices outside of Phila?

thanks
I was a second year in a satellite office (lateraled). Pay was below market. I think they recently went to 160K starting. You have to hit 1950 for bonuses. In our office that was actually tough to hit and as such usually associates did not get a bonus. In my two years I didn't get a bonus.

Overall, I think the firm is a lot more "laid-back" than peer firms.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:47 pm

To the individual who lateralled, what was the interview/callback/offer timeline like? Anything to look out for in particular?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Jmlstern

New

Post by Jmlstern » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:not much posted on forum about duane morris. anyone summer there or know what work culture is like? how is pay and bonuses, hours? how are offices outside of Phila?

thanks
I summered in a non-Phila office and will start there as a 1Y in September of next year. Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:To the individual who lateralled, what was the interview/callback/offer timeline like? Anything to look out for in particular?
Sorry if I was unclear. I lateraled from Duane Morris to another firm.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:To the individual who lateralled, what was the interview/callback/offer timeline like? Anything to look out for in particular?
Sorry if I was unclear. I lateraled from Duane Morris to another firm.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:29 pm

What's going on with Duane? Are they going to make a move up from the $165,000 first year salary? Duane has been below market for years. Any movement from Cozen or the other Philadelphia firms, excluding Dechert and ML.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”