Lateraling as a stub/first year Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Lateraling as a stub/first year

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:47 pm

Looking for advice for lateraling as soon as possible. I started in October and currently work as a corporate associate in a V100 firm. Unfortunately my husband has gotten a very good job offer in a major market so he will be moving in the next month. Optimally, I do not want to be long distance for a year or more and want to move ASAP.

Any advice? My firm does not have an office in this city.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SmokeytheBear

Silver

Re: Lateraling as a stub/first year

Post by SmokeytheBear » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:02 pm

Can you give us more of an idea of what market you are in, what market you are looking to go to, and if possible, what law school you went to?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:14 pm

SmokeytheBear wrote:Can you give us more of an idea of what market you are in, what market you are looking to go to, and if possible, what law school you went to?
Looking at NYC from a non-Chicago major midwest city. I went to GT/Texas/UCLA/Vandy with roughly top 1/3 grades.

SmokeytheBear

Silver

Post by SmokeytheBear » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
SmokeytheBear wrote:Can you give us more of an idea of what market you are in, what market you are looking to go to, and if possible, what law school you went to?
Looking at NYC from a non-Chicago major midwest city. I went to GT/Texas/UCLA/Vandy with roughly top 1/3 grades.
PM me.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”