New Site for Reviewing Partners Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
lawfish

New

New Site for Reviewing Partners

Post by lawfish » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:39 am

Hey everyone,

I've created a website for making anonymous upwards reviews of law firm partners: http://www.upwardrevs.com. Check it out and leave some reviews if you fancy. I've already created listings for partners at roughly the V20 firms for now and will continue adding more as my time permits; but you're also free to submit a listing for anybody who isn't already on the site so don't be deterred if your firm/partner is not up there yet.

Let me know what you think. I'm hoping that with enough crowd sourced reviews, this can turn into a helpful tool for associates.

gaddockteeg

Bronze

Re: New Site for Reviewing Partners

Post by gaddockteeg » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:02 am

you didn't add any reviews of your own?

jd20132013

Silver

Post by jd20132013 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:34 am

gaddockteeg wrote:you didn't add any reviews of your own?
Lol

gaddockteeg

Bronze

Post by gaddockteeg » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:57 am

Honestly, I can tell you put a lot of work into this so I don't want to just shit over your idea but my comment was meant to imply that most folks (including yourself) are not going to be able to write anything that would/could jeopardize their own reputation.

dixiecupdrinking

Gold

Post by dixiecupdrinking » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:11 pm

gaddockteeg wrote:
Honestly, I can tell you put a lot of work into this so I don't want to just shit over your idea but my comment was meant to imply that most folks (including yourself) are not going to be able to write anything that would/could jeopardize their own reputation.
Yeah, it would be trivially easy for a partner to figure out who left a negative review of him/her. I also think the associate grapevine within most firms already provides this service pretty efficiently.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

AntipodeanPhil

Silver

Post by AntipodeanPhil » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:41 pm

Lol, I see that there is exactly 1 review.

AntipodeanPhil

Silver

Post by AntipodeanPhil » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:55 pm

Hah, 1 week later there is still exactly one review. I feel bad for OP - this must have been a ton of work. I guess Stuart A. Graiwer will go down in history as the only person ever reviewed.

J Eazy

New

Post by J Eazy » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:09 pm

I think this would be more viable with an anonymous rating system, something basic like 5 stars or thumbs up/thumbs down, with the option for written reviews.

Nagster5

Silver

Post by Nagster5 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:40 am

J Eazy wrote:I think this would be more viable with an anonymous rating system, something basic like 5 stars or thumbs up/thumbs down, with the option for written reviews.
That would be perfect. even better if the site had some way to verify that the person worked at that firm, maybe by requiring registration with the firm's email?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”