When should I reach out to my firm? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
negativefeedback

New

When should I reach out to my firm?

Post by negativefeedback » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:54 pm

I'm a 3L, got hired through 3L hiring, accepted an offer on the spot, haven't heard from my firm since, besides faxing over my signature on the offer. However, my firm is in another city, and I'm going to need to get a lease, schedule a move, and work out where i'm going to take the Bar. On top of that, I'd like to fit in a vacation somewhere. Should I contact the firm now to ask about all these logistics, or is it customary for me to just wait until they contact me?

BigZuck

Diamond

Re: When should I reach out to my firm?

Post by BigZuck » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:57 pm

I'd just use your judgment as to whether or not these questions and how you (plan to) present them are reasonable to ask in November of your 3L year.

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:02 pm

What do you even need to reach out to them for? "Hello, can you please find me an apartment and book my vacation travel?"

ur_hero

Bronze

Post by ur_hero » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:50 pm

negativefeedback wrote:I'm a 3L, got hired through 3L hiring, accepted an offer on the spot, haven't heard from my firm since, besides faxing over my signature on the offer. However, my firm is in another city, and I'm going to need to get a lease, schedule a move, and work out where i'm going to take the Bar. On top of that, I'd like to fit in a vacation somewhere. Should I contact the firm now to ask about all these logistics, or is it customary for me to just wait until they contact me?
Do you have a start date . . .? Other than that, note sure what else you need. Maybe reach out a few weeks before to inquire about any orientation or whatever, assuming they don't already reach out to you first.

PorscheFanatic

Bronze

Post by PorscheFanatic » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:56 pm

I reached out to my firm in the spring of 3L year because I wanted a start date time frame, to make sure I planned my cross-country move a couple of weeks before that. That still gave me more than 6 months to find an apartment and plan a move.

runinthefront

Gold

Post removed...

Post by runinthefront » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:04 pm

Post removed...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”