Attorney General's office Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
janesdoe

New

Attorney General's office

Post by janesdoe » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:13 pm

I was recently called in for an interview at a midwest AG's office and I have no clue what to expect. I am a recent grad and just passed the bar. I have mainly done public interest work but nothing labor-related (which is the division I am interviewing at.)

Does anyone have any tips/tricks or just general advice on the interview process and/or anything else? I would really appreciate it. Freaking out a bit.

Anonymous User

Re: Attorney General's office

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:33 pm

Each office is going to be different, but I can tell you what I know (I've worked with two southern AG offices). They're very big on finding litigators that would work towards the goals of the AG; so policy-wise, ideology-wise, etc. Thus, your references and connections are very important in the hiring process.

For those that did more transactional work (such as record-keeping pursuant to the FOIA), this mattered less and it was much more generalized.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”