Internships at firms in international lit/arbitration in Europe Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
nodictators

New

Internships at firms in international lit/arbitration in Europe

Post by nodictators » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:10 am

Hey guys,

Graduated from a T14 in 2016. Looking for a position in international litigation and arbitration, but have a largely public interest background/didn't summer at a firm so I've been having a hard time. I do have extensive experience in litigation and international law and am currently clerking abroad, though.

As a result, I've been told by my school to look into internships and traineeships in international litigation and arbitration at firms in Europe--your international law firm, but with an office in a major city like London or Paris. I would then have better luck applying for associate positions in the US as a lateral.

Is anyone aware of these opportunities and where I can find them? I've heard of programs in London/Paris at Shearman & Sterling, Latham, Linklaters, White & Case and Freshfields, to name just a few (I've also heard of programs in Tokyo), but I can hardly find any information about them online.

Return to “Legal Employment”