Exits for Executive Comp Associates Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Exits for Executive Comp Associates

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:49 pm

What are the typical exit options for executive comp associates from band 1 NY firms (WLRK/S&C/DPW)? Are these people able to go in house at rates similar to general corporate or M&A associates? If not, where do they typically end up? I think I'd be interested in the practice, and my firm has a very strong group, but I'm worried about my marketability after firm life.

Anonymous User

Re: Exits for Executive Comp Associates

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:49 pm

Anyone have any insights? Even anecdotes would be appreciated, I can't find anything helpful and I'm concerned about being handcuffed to firm life by being too niche to practice elsewhere. Thanks!

cfcm

Silver

Post by cfcm » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:40 pm

It won't be comprehensive, but if you can sign up for Laterally, their Move Tracker is useful for this sort of thing.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:23 pm

cfcm wrote:It won't be comprehensive, but if you can sign up for Laterally, their Move Tracker is useful for this sort of thing.
Wow this is amazing, thanks!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:56 am

anecdotally speaking, yes there are opportunities out there and most large corporations have in house counsel solely dedicated to employment matters. from what I've seen they want people with a broad range of employment matters experience, not just exec compensation, so to the extent you can get 409(a) experience, 401(k) and plan funding experience, ERISA experience and even some labor work in there that would make you exponentially a more attractive candidate. don't be pidgeonholed into only doing exec comp, or only doing employment matters in the context of deals (which at the firms you mentioned I won't be surprised if the latter can happen).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”