How to get into antitrust given my situation Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

How to get into antitrust given my situation

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:23 am

Hi all. I've become very interested in antitrust law and would like to pursue it in the future. I went to a T50, received average grades and was on a secondary journal (meh, I know). After graduating I was an associate for 2 years at a trust and estates firm and I left to start a state superior court clerkship. I am currently in the process of securing litigation position at a regional mid-sized law firm. All that being said, I'd eventually like to work in antitrust, but I'm pretty lost regarding how to build a foundation in the area. Based on my background, I was wondering what those experienced in the field might recommend. I'm also planning to attend a few CLEs to speak with practitioners in the field and to get their opinions. Other than the above, I thought about exploring pertinent issues and writing on them. It's unlikely that I'll get placed in a position focused on antitrust after my clerkship concludes, so I expect to pursue it on the side.

rpupkin

Platinum

Re: How to get into antitrust given my situation

Post by rpupkin » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:29 pm

Sorry to be a downer, but it's going to be very difficult for you.

Try to get hired at a firm that has an antitrust group. Don't even try applying to that group; it won't work given your background. But if you can get hired as an associate in general lit, you could at least try to offer your help on an antitrust matter here or there. If you work hard and people like you, then maybe it could turn into more regular antitrust work.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:24 pm

OP here. Thanks, solid advice as usual.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:27 pm

Best bet is going to be a plaintiff's side antitrust firm.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”