Lateral fom Asia to US Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Lateral fom Asia to US

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:37 pm

Hello

I am currently in a position to choose from a top 7 law firm in Korea or LG. My ultimate plan is to go back to the US in two years (to live with my fam). I do want to work at a law firm once I return but I heard Asia law firms are not very recognized in the US. Will it be better to work at LG as in house vs as an associate at a firm? Or is it harder to switch from in house to a law firm?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Anonymous User

Re: Lateral fom Asia to US

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:32 pm

I work in Los Angeles and am always on the look-out for lateral opportunities - I often come across boutique or mid-sized firms where the majority of the attorneys are Asian (or they have substantial Asia-focused practices) - many lawyers in these group seem to come from in-house positions at Asian corporations, and others from Asian law firms.

As an example, check out LIM NEXUS in Los Angeles - http://limnexus.com/professionals/.

I think you should look for firms that focus on the asian market - if you are fluent in the language, you likely have a good chance of finding something eventually.

Best of luck!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”