can't find an associate on the website Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: can't find an associate on the website

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:02 am

Anonymous User wrote:
rpupkin wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
OfThriceandTen wrote:Latham makes it so that associates don't show up in google searches for the firm website before they are done with the 2 year rotation and are put into practice groups. But if you go to lw.com and search it will show up.
Latham associate (c/o 2016) here - this isn't true. The suggestion to check lw.com is a good one nonetheless.
Yeah, some of the takes in this thread strike me as off. It's not January 2017. At this point, anyone who passed the bar in Fall 2016 (and who didn't have C&F issues) should be admitted to practice and on a firm's web site. (If the associate recently changed offices or is otherwise trying to get admitted to the bar in a state where they didn't pass the bar after law school, that would certainly delay things--but that situation isn't common for first-year associates.)

ETA: Also, lol@JusticeJackson's post. Well done.
I know of quite a few people in large firms who haven't been admitted yet just cause they didn't get around to sending in their applications until late.
I am one of those people, but I have a December swearing in date. I'd guess about a quarter of my fellow c/o 2016 colleagues (NYC V50) still haven't been admitted. Nobody seems to care (yet).

kalcifer

New

Re: can't find an associate on the website

Post by kalcifer » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:28 am

I work at Latham (2016 grad) and I got my bio on the site just last month and only because my partner asked me to so he can pitch the team to the clients.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”