Wilson Sonsini - 2L/3L grades Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Wilson Sonsini - 2L/3L grades

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:19 pm

Hey folks,

Does anyone know if Wilson Sonsini requests 2L/3L transcripts before giving people offers after the summer? I'm trying to gauge the level of effort to put into the semester.

Best,
anonymous

Anonymous User

Re: Wilson Sonsini - 2L/3L grades

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:29 pm

Yes. They will ask for official transcripts to be sent directly from your registrar (i) at the start of the SA program and (ii) following graduation.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Yes. They will ask for official transcripts to be sent directly from your registrar (i) at the start of the SA program and (ii) following graduation.
But that doesn't mean they care about what they see on the transcript. Most firms don't care at all, I can't answer for WSGR.

BeeTeeZ

Bronze

Post by BeeTeeZ » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:38 pm

Look up the firm profiles of associates in your office --> use the search filter to focus on associates from your school --> determine the percentage of associates from your school (and if possible, within your practice group) that graduated with honors --> use that percentage to guess(timate) the likelihood that your 2L/3L grades matter.

While any such percentage will fall short of *proof*, it can certainly help you arrive at a more informed answer to your question, IMO.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Yes. They will ask for official transcripts to be sent directly from your registrar (i) at the start of the SA program and (ii) following graduation.
But that doesn't mean they care about what they see on the transcript. Most firms don't care at all, I can't answer for WSGR.
First anon quoted above. I was just answering OP's question.

I don't disagree with you that some firms don't care what they see on the transcript. But I work at WSGR, and I'd have no way of knowing whose grades dipped/dived/ducked/dodged after 1L and if the firm actually "cared" about it. I've never talked about grades with anyone here. We were 100% offer my summer but several SAs in my class didn't return for various reasons. I suppose there is a possibility one or more were cold-offered for grade drops, but it is also entirely possible that the firm never even looked at the transcripts we submitted.

Hang in there, OP - good luck with 2L/3L.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:28 am

General wisdom is that no one cares unless you fail. They care more about your work product and personality during the summer.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:58 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Can confirm that a colleague received a barely passing grade (perhaps a couple) during 2L/3L and is still working there.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”