Alaska PD or DA Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
RobertGolddust

Bronze

Alaska PD or DA

Post by RobertGolddust » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:08 pm

From what I hear these jobs pay around 100k. Seems like an amazing opportunity to gain court room experience and earn a respectable salary. My guess is its very hard to land one of these jobs. Anyone have any information or wisdom to share?

P.S. top 15% at a T50 school. No law review. Big law SA on my resume. PD Clinic and lots of pro bono work for the oppressed.

anon sequitur

Silver

Re: Alaska PD or DA

Post by anon sequitur » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:39 pm

A friend of mine did this for a couple years before burning out, but I think it was a positive experience overall. She had pretty bad grades at a t14, but worked in AK pd offices both summers. She still didn’t get hired until post bar, and doing a school funded fellowship with one of the bigger offices there (she got hired at a smaller office). I think starting pay is in the $70-80k range.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:47 pm

If you don't want to freeze your ass off, you can earn the same amount of money as a DA or PD in CA, while still getting the same courtroom experience.

RobertGolddust

Bronze

Post by RobertGolddust » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:59 pm

Interesting, 70-80k sounds about right. 100k is too good to be true. Still sounds like a unique opportunity, but i figured the entry level stuff would go to the graduates from elite schools. Any other information is welcome.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:09 pm

Also interested in the DA side if anyone knows anything.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”