Supplemental Income for Lawyers Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Supplemental Income for Lawyers

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:00 am

Does anyone know of any ways to supplement income as an attorney?

Long story short. I work in a smaller law firm doing litigation but my salary isn’t too great, with no opportunities for increases. I’m out of the office before six, and wouldn’t mind working remotely from home to make some money.

For example, are there doc review jobs available that can be done remotely?

toast and bananas

Bronze

Re: Supplemental Income for Lawyers

Post by toast and bananas » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:43 am

Do you own a house? I know people that airbnb out their extra rooms for some easy money

unlicensedpotato

Silver

Post by unlicensedpotato » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:46 am

Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know of any ways to supplement income as an attorney?

Long story short. I work in a smaller law firm doing litigation but my salary isn’t too great, with no opportunities for increases. I’m out of the office before six, and wouldn’t mind working remotely from home to make some money.

For example, are there doc review jobs available that can be done remotely?
OP, you have major conflicts/ethical issues trying to do legal work outside of your firm.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:32 pm

Have you thought about tutoring? I do this sometimes and charge $60/hour and do it a few hours a week. Good way to earn some spare cash.

1styearlateral

Silver

Post by 1styearlateral » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:14 pm

Invest in cryptocurrency.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Have you thought about tutoring? I do this sometimes and charge $60/hour and do it a few hours a week. Good way to earn some spare cash.
What do you tutor? Like LSAT or something?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:39 pm

Legal Writing, assorted 1L subjects, etc. I'm in an area with a lot of TTT schools around, and panicked 1Ls (and 2Ls and 3Ls) are pretty willing to pay a lot of money for tutoring.

flymia

New

Post by flymia » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:02 am

Its not easy work because everyone has their real estate license and its 90% networking. But a lot of states don't require attorneys to take the real estate course and you can just take the exam. Or just take the course, usually online, its very easy.

A lot of real estate is done on the weekends. Showing people around, open houses etc.. and networking in the evening. If you have a good network and willing to put in time to learn about the market you are in its not a bad second income. Even just helping a friend find a place to rent for a year can land you $700.

But again, I always tell people to only work with full-time real estate agents, but in Miami everyone who breaths has a real estate license. If you think you have a network of family and friends that would use you, you could look into it.

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:13 am

have you considered prostitution?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:05 pm

1styearlateral wrote:Invest in cryptocurrency.
This. If you're smart and do your research, there's the chance for insane gains. There's also the chance you lose all your money.

It's fun and totally worth though.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”