Top plaintiffs' firms salary and bonuses? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
MaxMcMann

Bronze

Re: Top plaintiffs' firms salary and bonuses?

Post by MaxMcMann » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:08 pm

Me too, please.

proleteriate

New

Post by proleteriate » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote: Curious to last anon, are you at a primarily securities/antitrust firm, or one that does a range of work?

-current clerk, former plaintiff-side associate
We do a wide range of work, including securities and antitrust, and I think I'll leave it at that. If you're interested in applying, reply to this using a non-anon account, and I'll PM you.
OP clerk that you responded to here. May I get one of these PMs?

Ean1991

New

Post by Ean1991 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:13 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote: Curious to last anon, are you at a primarily securities/antitrust firm, or one that does a range of work?

We do a wide range of work, including securities and antitrust, and I think I'll leave it at that. If you're interested in applying, reply to this using a non-anon account, and I'll PM you.
Could I get a PM too, please?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:32 pm

o0o0o0o wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

[snip]

Could you PM me as well?

beepboopbeep

Gold

Post by beepboopbeep » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:26 pm

he can't PM you if you post as anon

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

AaronCarter

Bronze

Post by AaronCarter » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Can I get a PM?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:37 pm

Last edited by Anonymous User on Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:59 pm

One of the prior anons. Thanks for following up. Any more intel on the partners? You’d mentioned you were going to ask at some point soon.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:57 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:07 am

Does anyone know what firms like Robbins Geller pay summers per week?

yankees12345!

New

Post by yankees12345! » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:26 am

Do top plaintiffs firm like Lieff Cabraser, Cohen Milstein, etc. pay clerkship bonuses?

If so, are they comparable to big law market rate clerkship bonuses?

kkdk

Bronze

Post by kkdk » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:18 pm

yankees12345! wrote:Do top plaintiffs firm like Lieff Cabraser, Cohen Milstein, etc. pay clerkship bonuses?

Can speak for LCHB. They do pay clerkship bonuses. They are nowhere near the big law rate. Think 30-50% of what big law would pay for a clerkship bonus. Not sure about dual clerkship bonuses, but I would assume you get more for 2 clerkships, but overall still significantly less than big law rates.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:31 pm

kkdk wrote:
yankees12345! wrote:Do top plaintiffs firm like Lieff Cabraser, Cohen Milstein, etc. pay clerkship bonuses?

Can speak for LCHB. They do pay clerkship bonuses. They are nowhere near the big law rate. Think 30-50% of what big law would pay for a clerkship bonus. Not sure about dual clerkship bonuses, but I would assume you get more for 2 clerkships, but overall still significantly less than big law rates.
Thanks, really appreciate the insight.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

rachelzane

New

Post by rachelzane » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:54 pm

Does anyone have any insight into what the salary/bonus scale is at Pulaski Law firm? I heard they're exclusively handling the Juul litigation (which seems suspect, but that's what I heard), so I imagine bonuses would be huge (?)

kkdk

Bronze

Post by kkdk » Sun May 10, 2020 1:12 pm

rachelzane wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:54 pm
Does anyone have any insight into what the salary/bonus scale is at Pulaski Law firm? I heard they're exclusively handling the Juul litigation (which seems suspect, but that's what I heard), so I imagine bonuses would be huge (?)
Not sure about salary scale, but if by "exclusively handling" you mean they are the only firm on that case, that's definitely not true. If you mean "exclusively handling" as in that's their only case, the bonuses will be non-existent unless they filed literally thousands of PI cases in the MDL or the JCCP.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun May 10, 2020 1:30 pm

proleteriate wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:19 pm
don't want to derail, but how did y'all get into these firms? I'm currently interviewing for post-clerkship firms, and am extremely interested in larger Plaintiff firms. Do most of y'all start as juniors or lateral in from biglaw?
Not one of the original posters. Was a biglaw junior, hated defense work and really sold my desire to switch sides. The problem you might run into is the associate ranks are usually much smaller than biglaw. Like my firm is 2.5 partners per associate. So it’s very difficult to find an opening. I am only 1 of 2 former biglaw associates that didn’t clerk. Everyone else clerked except for 2 that were summers.

Work at the leading p side antitrust firm (a few could claim this, but it’s a group of 2-3). Do antitrust mostly, but also a range of human rights work as well and other consumer cases like data breaches. associates make 120-165k plus bonuses. Usual associate bonuses are 50k on low end to 200+ in a good year. I make more than I did in biglaw.

Also no one is “exclusively” handling the Juul litigation. It’s getting MDLed and there will be a huge leadership structure if it’s not already in place. I could name a bunch of firms off the top of my head that have filed juul cases, including my own.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”