Incoming capital markets associates Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Incoming capital markets associates

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:24 am

Besides reviewing and learning more about the laws and regulations, any other advice or recommendations? Thanks!

Yardbird

Silver

Re: Incoming capital markets associates

Post by Yardbird » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:57 am

Anonymous User wrote:Besides reviewing and learning more about the laws and regulations, any other advice or recommendations? Thanks!
Do you like wine? I hear wine is all the rage at the printers. You’ll need to acquire a taste for when you have those chillable hours rolling in.

JusticeHarlan

Gold

Post by JusticeHarlan » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:21 pm

Yardbird wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Besides reviewing and learning more about the laws and regulations, any other advice or recommendations? Thanks!
Do you like wine? I hear wine is all the rage at the printers. You’ll need to acquire a taste for when you have those chillable hours rolling in.
Usually you pop the champagne once you press the button to file with the SEC, I'd recommend beer before then, but only after the client has left for the evening.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:31 am

as someone curious about getting into capital markets, do you need a background in finance, accounting, or some other business-related degree to enter the field? all i have is a basic understanding of capital markets from the few classes i took in undergrad and law school

deepseapartners

Bronze

Post by deepseapartners » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:as someone curious about getting into capital markets, do you need a background in finance, accounting, or some other business-related degree to enter the field? all i have is a basic understanding of capital markets from the few classes i took in undergrad and law school
No, you will learn what you need to learn on the job. It might be good to learn how to read financial statements now, so that you don't end up teaching yourself at a less convenient time (i.e. middle of the night in the midst of a crazy deal timeline).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JusticeHarlan

Gold

Post by JusticeHarlan » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:15 pm

Get really good at the PDF markup tools, doing it by hand can be a pain.

texas1100

New

Post by texas1100 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:59 pm

Buy an ipad

dedede

New

Post by dedede » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:25 am

JusticeHarlan wrote:Get really good at the PDF markup tools, doing it by hand can be a pain.
THIS.

philosoraptor

Silver

Post by philosoraptor » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:all i have is a basic understanding of capital markets from the few classes i took in undergrad and law school
This is more than enough to get you started.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”