Colorado Attorney General's Office Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
iShotFirst

Bronze

Colorado Attorney General's Office

Post by iShotFirst » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:53 pm

I know this is probably a long shot, but does anyone have any knowledge or experience working with the Colorado Attorney General's Office?

mds79

New

Re: Colorado Attorney General's Office

Post by mds79 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:16 pm

iShotFirst wrote:I know this is probably a long shot, but does anyone have any knowledge or experience working with the Colorado Attorney General's Office?
No direct knowledge or experience, but I have several classmates working for the Colorado AG's office, and I come into contact with AG's on a regular basis in my job. What information are you looking for?

iShotFirst

Bronze

Post by iShotFirst » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:50 pm

I am applying there, but have a pretty good job currently. So I was curious about the work culture and whether attorneys enjoy their colleagues and their work, basically what it's like to work there day to day. Appreciate any info feel free to PM if desired!

mds79

New

Post by mds79 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:56 pm

Ah, gotcha. Can't help much, then, but I can tell you that every AG I've ever talked to loves their job. They're all really good lawyers and great to work with from the court's perspective (I'm a current law clerk). Good luck!

dudders

Bronze

Post by dudders » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:07 pm

I don't know anyone who currently works there, but have colleagues/acquaintances who used to work there and they all spoke highly of it. Like most government agencies, I assume things can change from administration to administration depends on who's in charge and what their priorities/policies are, but I have yet to hear anything bad.

I also don't really think they do much if any entry-level hiring? Most of the postings I see for openings require at least 5-7 years experience.

iShotFirst

Bronze

Post by iShotFirst » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:24 pm

That's what I thought, always great to have confirmation from the helpful people here. Appreciate the info!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”