Choosing between firms.

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Which firm?

White & Case
28%
Fried Frank
23%
Hogan
32%
Paul hastings
16%

Total votes: 74

Anonymous User

Choosing between firms.

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:33 pm

Was wondering if anyone had any insight on choosing between these firms. Interested in litigation, particularly white collar defense or employment. All are NYC. Vibes I got from all of them were pretty positive.

Thanks.

Anonymous User

Re: Choosing between firms.

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:48 pm

Thanks for the votes so far. Was just curious why people were voting FF? Not that I'm disagreeing, just was curious as to the reasoning.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:29 pm

Any concrete feedback outside of voting? Seems like I can't go wrong (minus PH?)?

Ken Kesey

Postby Ken Kesey » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Thanks for the votes so far. Was just curious why people were voting FF? Not that I'm disagreeing, just was curious as to the reasoning.

It must be for the alliteration.

radio1nowhere

Postby radio1nowhere » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:03 pm

It's pretty much always the case that when you post "choose between firms" threads with very little information about who you are, what your medium- and long-term goals are, what you want out of a firm, etc., people just randomly vote for firms they like and don't give any helpful explanation.

lolwat

Postby lolwat » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:36 pm

Plus since polls are open to everybody you have people like me who don't know anything about the firms in that market but still have the ability to vote. I'm just considerate enough not to fuck up the poll by randomly voting. :P

You'd probably get better responses by leaving the poll out and just having a discussion of the four firms and what you're interested in etc.. ..

gaddockteeg

Postby gaddockteeg » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Thanks for the votes so far. Was just curious why people were voting FF? Not that I'm disagreeing, just was curious as to the reasoning.

It's just not as good as the other ones.

koalatriste

Postby koalatriste » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:31 pm

For employment, definitely Paul Hastings - it's got the most standout employment group from this list. It depends how certain you are that you want to do employment litigation. For white collar, I am honestly not sure what the best option is.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:35 pm

koalatriste wrote:For employment, definitely Paul Hastings - it's got the most standout employment group from this list. It depends how certain you are that you want to do employment litigation. For white collar, I am honestly not sure what the best option is.

Check DMs

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:47 pm

gaddockteeg wrote:

It's just not as good as the other ones.

This is why people shouldn't comment (or vote) on things that they have no actual knowledge of. If OP is interested in white collar work he/she should probably go to FF and not even consider most of OP's other options. FF and PH are the only listed firms that are rated on chambers for white collar work and FF is rated higher than PH. This means the other firms basically don't even practice white collar work. Basically all of FF's white collar partners are former AUSA's for SDNY and really well respected.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:14 pm

Also, worth mentioning that Hogan Lovel's NY just isn't the same quality as it's DC office.

Return to “Legal Employment”