SEC Honors Program - Spring Semester Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

SEC Honors Program - Spring Semester

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:43 am

Does anyone know what the process is/how long it takes to hear back after submitting your application? I applied to work for a regional office.

Also, can anyone comment on the type of work externs perform and how prestigious the SEC looks versus the FTC or USAO?

himanhi

New

Re: SEC Honors Program - Spring Semester

Post by himanhi » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:39 pm

Find out who is in charge of the office's program from your externship coordinator or former intern and send your materials to that contact. Waited over a month before i did that and got a phone interview within a couple days.

Dont think any externship can be considered prestigious, but it likely helps with your narrative if you want to work for that agency full-time. I think the sec app actually asked if you externed with them so im assuming it has some impact.

For sec enforcement we did a bunch of westlaw and memos, docs review, following up with tips, and notetaking in interviews. Also did a lot of chatting and brain picking with some really accomplished people, which i thought was the best part of the experience.

Anonymous User

Re: SEC Honors Program - Spring Semester

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:37 pm

Anybody know how long background checks typically take?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”