Baker McKenzie SF Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Baker McKenzie SF

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:56 pm

Does anyone have any info on this office? I've heard mostly poor things about the culture, is that true? Anything would be greatly beneficial.

Anonymous User

Re: Baker McKenzie SF

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:11 pm

Bump/additionally:

Or for the firm in general, including other specific offices?

Anonymous User

Re: Baker McKenzie SF

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:18 am

Anonymous User wrote:Bump/additionally:

Or for the firm in general, including other specific offices?
Baker associate from non-SF office here. Sorry this is late, but maybe it'll still help you (or others down the road). I haven't spent any time in the SF office but I do work with a few SF/PA associates on various matters, and they don't seem too happy. In general, there isn't really a "culture" to the whole firm -- people tend to stick close to their practice groups and there's very little cross-group interaction outside of a few firm-wide events per year. Everyone is friendly enough, but people have lives/families and socializing is minimal. This means your experience at the firm is hugely impacted by your practice group, and specifically by which partners you end up working for. A lot of people in my group (like me) are really happy here because we managed to latch onto the right partners, but others are miserable because they got stuck with the wrong guy. I would say in most US offices, there's a fairly small number of "wrong guys" and most associates are happy. But in SF/PA, the "wrong guy" ratio is out of whack. A lot of the principals there are out-of-touch old white dudes whose eccentricities got the better of them many years ago.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”