Just over 1 Week Post CB - Exploding Offer in Hand! Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Just over 1 Week Post CB - Exploding Offer in Hand!

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:41 pm

Is it alright to contact recruiting if my only other offer is set to expire soon? It isn't going to expire today by any means, but it's been a few weeks since I received it.

How can I approach the topic?

Anonymous User

Re: Just over 1 Week Post CB - Exploding Offer in Hand!

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:43 pm

Email and ask about the progress of your application because you have an offer set to expire at X date.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:44 pm

It's fine to do this.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:45 pm

I'm unclear on what your situation is. You said your only "other" offer is going to expire? So you have two offers right now - why would you be contacting the firm where your offer is not about to expire? But, generally, yes, as previous posters said you should definitely be in contact about imminently expiring offers if you need an update or an extension.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm unclear on what your situation is. You said your only "other" offer is going to expire? So you have two offers right now - why would you be contacting the firm where your offer is not about to expire? But, generally, yes, as previous posters said you should definitely be in contact about imminently expiring offers if you need an update or an extension.
I was hoping to imply that my offer that is certain is expiring. I still have the potential for an offer from these two firms. I only have one certain offer. Just to clarify.

-<3 OP

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”