Advice needed Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Advice needed

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:29 pm

I CB'd in this NY based firm yesterday. Before we began, the recruiting coordinator met me and said, "Please let me know if you would like to meet any other attorneys besides the ones who are interviewing you today and I'll arrange some time for you to meet with them." She also told me that the practice group chair enjoyed meeting me during the screener interview (she offered me CB at the end of the interview) and the attorneys I met in the hospitality suite also spoke favorably about me (the screener mentioned that as well).

I enjoyed the interviewing there and it is one of my top choices. Should I take up on her offer and tell her that I would enjoy meeting some of the other attorneys to show my interest or was it just a standard recruiting coordinator line?

P.S. None of my other CBs said this, so I'm a little confused.

Anonymous User

Re: Advice needed

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I CB'd in this NY based firm yesterday. Before we began, the recruiting coordinator met me and said, "Please let me know if you would like to meet any other attorneys besides the ones who are interviewing you today and I'll arrange some time for you to meet with them." She also told me that the practice group chair enjoyed meeting me during the screener interview (she offered me CB at the end of the interview) and the attorneys I met in the hospitality suite also spoke favorably about me (the screener mentioned that as well).

I enjoyed the interviewing there and it is one of my top choices. Should I take up on her offer and tell her that I would enjoy meeting some of the other attorneys to show my interest or was it just a standard recruiting coordinator line?

As a rule of thumb, always say yes to offers like this. This doesn't sound like a situation where you will be dinged because you didn't take them up on the offer, but, especially if this is one of your top choices, it certainly can't hurt to show interest by asking to meet with more people.

Anonymous User

Re: Advice needed

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I CB'd in this NY based firm yesterday. Before we began, the recruiting coordinator met me and said, "Please let me know if you would like to meet any other attorneys besides the ones who are interviewing you today and I'll arrange some time for you to meet with them." She also told me that the practice group chair enjoyed meeting me during the screener interview (she offered me CB at the end of the interview) and the attorneys I met in the hospitality suite also spoke favorably about me (the screener mentioned that as well).

As a rule of thumb, always say yes to offers like this. This doesn't sound like a situation where you will be dinged because you didn't take them up on the offer, but, especially if this is one of your top choices, it certainly can't hurt to show interest by asking to meet with more people.

Thank you. I told the coordinator, I would definitely like that, however, I didn't mention any names as I was not ready for that particular question and didn't remember the names of other attorneys in that group. :)

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”