Missed opportunity? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Missed opportunity?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:25 pm

An attorney from a firm reached out to me saying he'd pass along my resume. I didn't want to send sub-par materials hastily so I went home and carefully finished my cover letter at around 10pm same day. I sent my application to him, but received the "sorry I will be out of the office until 10 days later, I will have limited access to e-mail, blah" e-mail. Will he see my stuff, or is this a missed opportunity :cry: I feel like it'll be too late when he comes back....

QContinuum

Re: Missed opportunity?

Post by QContinuum » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:30 pm

Generally, very few attorneys will actually stop checking email altogether, especially for something as long as 10 days. They just put that there so their clients (or supervising partners) don't get upset if they respond the next day instead of within an hour.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”