Wilmerhale v Latham Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Wilmerhale v Latham

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:06 pm

It'd be nice to hear anyone's opinion on or insights into either firm. I have offers at both, really, really liked both, and am having a hard time deciding which one to go with. I'll be in lit. Both in large offices on the east coast.

I'm an older law student with a family (one little kid, will probably have one more soon pending partner's career trajectory), so some semblance of work-life balance would be nice but it's not something I'm really expecting from either gig. Any insight into people, culture, or work would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Anonymous User

Re: Wilmerhale v Latham

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:59 pm

Is this DC? If so did your Wilmer offer come today? I'm waiting anxiously to hear!!!

RaceJudicata

Gold

Post by RaceJudicata » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:06 pm

City will allow folks to give you more helpful advice.

Latham (NY) vs. Wilmer (NY) is a lot different than Wilmer (DC) vs. Latham (DC)

Or Latham (NY) vs. Wilmer (DC); etc.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:13 pm

RaceJudicata wrote:City will allow folks to give you more helpful advice.

I get that but I'd rather not say which office. I've never posted on tls and I guess I'm a bit paranoid about outing myself. If that makes this a moot request I'll understand. Guess I was just looking to hear anyone's experience with or assessment of either firm's larger east coast offices.

cron1834

Gold

Post by cron1834 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
RaceJudicata wrote:City will allow folks to give you more helpful advice.

I get that but I'd rather not say which office. I've never posted on tls and I guess I'm a bit paranoid about outing myself. If that makes this a moot request I'll understand. Guess I was just looking to hear anyone's experience with or assessment of either firm's larger east coast offices.
Lack of city moots this. NY vs. DC is gonna have totally different practice groups/work.

And what, exactly, are you afraid of? People finding out that you have an offer? The firms already know you have an offer, they just gave it to you. It's not clear what you're revealing. Besides, nontrad with a kid getting an offer from either firm - that probably narrows it down anyway.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Is this DC? If so did your Wilmer offer come today? I'm waiting anxiously to hear!!!
+1

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Is this DC? If so did your Wilmer offer come today? I'm waiting anxiously to hear!!!
+1
Off topic but

I know someone who got Wilmer DC offer yesterday.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
+1
Off topic but

I know someone who got Wilmer DC offer yesterday.
Yes thanks but we were literally sitting in the same room today and found out at the same time from the same person

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:56 pm

Not OP, but trying to make the same decision both NY, interested in litigation. Think I liked the people at Wilmer more but trying get a handle on their reputations and cultures.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”