Nexsen Pruet (NC/SC) Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Nexsen Pruet (NC/SC)

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:06 pm

Hi Everyone -

Just interviewed with nexsen pruet. I would love any info on this firm that anyone has about any office (NC/SC). Specifically work experience, pay, summer pay, offer rates, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Anonymous User

Re: Nexsen Pruet (NC/SC)

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:37 pm

Solid regional firm, an office not located in downtown Raleigh. (You may regard that fact as a positive or a negative.)

Good transactional practice and probably just a half step down from Smith Anderson reputationally within the Triangle, and they'll tell you that SA mostly hypes itself as No. 1 without the substance to back it up. I don't have an opinion.

I think the pay is around 130k, but don't hold me to that. Don't know anything about offer rates.

devilblue

New

Post by devilblue » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:54 pm

I have literally never heard of that firm in my life and I have lived in both raleigh and Durham and summered at multiple firms in the area. I would not consider this firm a half step down from SA in any world. Multiple steps for sure. Certainly no name recognition in the triangle. Smith Anderson definitely does talk itself up though...

HangingAround

Bronze

Post by HangingAround » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:35 pm

devilblue wrote:I have literally never heard of that firm in my life and I have lived in both raleigh and Durham and summered at multiple firms in the area. I would not consider this firm a half step down from SA in any world. Multiple steps for sure. Certainly no name recognition in the triangle. Smith Anderson definitely does talk itself up though...
Yea, this. They have, I think, 2 transactional attorneys in the Raleigh office. They just in the last month got up to 2 total associates in that office and the office is now 10 years old. Neither associate is transactional. I don't think they gave offers to any of their summers - hardly surprising since the office has 2 associates. They have an hour and a half callback with people swinging through the interview pretty haphazardly if that gives you any sense of how serious they are about hiring long-term. I've heard it's a transitional period for them, though I don't know enough to say from what.

I think it's cool that they are one of the major groups doing economic development work in NC, but that's still a small group of them and they don't seem to need associates to help. They do, I think, have a younger person or two helping with that but they don't have law backgrounds.

The corporate park their office is in is nice. It''s not an area with much going on in terms of food options, etc.

I don't know anything about their other NC offices, but I imagine they've got significantly more associates at least for a firm this size.

ETA: Old post, but just found it on a search for Raleigh and adding to the info since Raleigh info is fairly limited as it is.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:45 pm

I go to Duke and summered in Raleigh after 1L (not at Nexsen or SmithAnderson). DEFINITELY not anywhere near the reputation of Smith Anderson. In fact, I'd say places like Brooks Pierce, Parker Poe, Wyrick Robbins etc. are all pretty much better known.

That said, it is still a solid firm that pays above 100k, and if NC is your goal, it doesn't seem like a bad place to be.

eta: just noticed this is an old post, my b.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”