Sidley NY Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Sidley NY

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:02 pm

Anybody have any insight? I can't find a whole lot. Specifically interested in the litigation practice and general culture.

Anonymous User

Re: Sidley NY

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:05 pm

I'll bite. General culture is that associates/partners are nice and chill people to work with for the most part. Enjoyable summer program. Runs pretty separately from Chicago and litigation specifically is an independent shop. The lit associates are all generalists although they tend to self specialize as midlevels.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:06 am

Anonymous User wrote:I'll bite. General culture is that associates/partners are nice and chill people to work with for the most part. Enjoyable summer program. Runs pretty separately from Chicago and litigation specifically is an independent shop. The lit associates are all generalists although they tend to self specialize as midlevels.
Thanks!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:20 pm

Has anyone received an offer from Sidley NY and what was the turnaround? I did a cb about a week ago and haven't heard anything so I'm afraid that I'm going to get dinged.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:54 am

Bump - anyone else?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:23 am

CB on Tuesday, offer Thursday pm. Really like Sidley, probably going to accept.

texas1100

New

Post by texas1100 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:09 am

Anonymous User wrote:I'll bite. General culture is that associates/partners are nice and chill people to work with for the most part. Enjoyable summer program. Runs pretty separately from Chicago and litigation specifically is an independent shop. The lit associates are all generalists although they tend to self specialize as midlevels.
Lmao this doesn't apply to almost every biglaw firm or anything. Really helpful

OP: don't take this helpful post to heart

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:43 am

texas1100 wrote:
Lmao this doesn't apply to almost every biglaw firm or anything. Really helpful

OP: don't take this helpful post to heart
Wait - are you saying that all firms are full of "nice and chill people"? That is a pretty incredible assertion. Not sure if Texas1100 has any actual experience with Sidley NY, but I have worked with them, and I agree that the office's vibe appears laid back relative to other NY firms, primarily because the partners and associates that I have worked with have been pleasant to work with and are extremely reasonable with deadlines, etc.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:10 pm

Any more CB--offer timeline updates?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:18 am

Anonymous User wrote:Any more CB--offer timeline updates?
Tuesday CB, Friday offer.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”