Boston 2017 Offers Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Boston 2017 Offers

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Ropes Aug 18 cb, 9/1 offer.
Corporate or lit?
Corp.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:06 am

Any recent news from foley or latham?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:09 pm

Any news from Dechert (Boston)...it's been over three weeks since my cb and I've heard nothing?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any recent news from foley or latham?
I genuinely wonder if the Boston market is just slow. I am also waiting on these two firms, plus two more. I wonder whether having a smaller summer class means they wait to reject people until they know how many have accepted their offers, since there's not really room for error.

...and now I'm incredibly depressed.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:08 pm

Which foley?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Madmen321

New

Post by Madmen321 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:23 pm

Boston is slow so try not to worry too much. They are definitely cautious about overextending offers and will wait for people to reject them before making more offers.

When I was going through interviews it took Boston firms an average of 3 weeks to get back to me with offers (some where over a month). I received offers well into late Septemebr. Rejections came quickly in most case. So if you interviewed and don't get an immediate offer or rejection it is likely that you are on a waitlist. Keep your head up!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:56 am

Madmen321 wrote:Boston is slow so try not to worry too much. They are definitely cautious about overextending offers and will wait for people to reject them before making more offers.

When I was going through interviews it took Boston firms an average of 3 weeks to get back to me with offers (some where over a month). I received offers well into late Septemebr. Rejections came quickly in most case. So if you interviewed and don't get an immediate offer or rejection it is likely that you are on a waitlist. Keep your head up!
thanks, this was very reassuring.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:12 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Madmen321 wrote:Boston is slow so try not to worry too much. They are definitely cautious about overextending offers and will wait for people to reject them before making more offers.

Got an offer same day as my call back. Anecdotal, but helpful.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:31 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Got an offer same day as my call back. Anecdotal, but helpful.
Yeah, my experience has been either rapid offer or radio silence.

I did 8 callbacks in Boston. For 3 of them, I either got an offer on the spot, or an offer 1-2 days later. 1 resulted in a snail mail rejection a couple of days ago (only 1 week post-CB). For one of the offers, the employer told me explicitly that they were not going to give another offer for my "spot" until I said yes/no (small program). Ended up declining that one for unrelated reasons, so hopefully someone else happily received an offer instead.

For the final 4, I've heard nothing, which is strange, so I assume they might be waiting to see how many accept their offers?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:26 pm

Anyone apply for Goodwin's Asia Track program? Interviewed with HK partner last week but radio silence . . .

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:07 pm

So I have a Boston firm (small class) which reached out to me, unsolicited, last week after three weeks of radio silence post-CB. The email I got said they were still considering my application, and that I shouldn't make assumptions about my candidacy, but that I should have a decision within a week or so. I responded thanking the recruiter and reiterating my interest in the firm, and he emailed back pretty quickly, saying that I'd have a decision by early this week (as in, the week of September 4).

I did not get anything from them, so after talking to my school's OCS office, I emailed this morning to notify them that I have another offer expiring next week (which they encouraged me to do when I visited). I got an immediate response saying they're still bringing in candidates, they appreciate my patience, and they'll have an answer to me by next week.

I know this means I'm on a waitlist, but why do they do this?? I know another person who's gotten an offer there, so it's frustrating to receive an unsolicited email insisting that they "haven't given out any offers because they're still bringing in candidates." I know this isn't really true; I assume they're waiting for someone else to turn them down, but why reach out to pretend otherwise in the first place? They're my top choice, and if I got an offer from them I would turn the other one down (which they know), and I don't really know what to do. Boston's been really crappy for me this year.

Anyway, just wanted to vent. :( Anyone else in the same situation?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:31 pm

Pepper Hamilton offer recently, very interested

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So I have a Boston firm (small class) which reached out to me, unsolicited, last week after three weeks of radio silence post-CB. The email I got said they were still considering my application, and that I shouldn't make assumptions about my candidacy, but that I should have a decision within a week or so. I responded thanking the recruiter and reiterating my interest in the firm, and he emailed back pretty quickly, saying that I'd have a decision by early this week (as in, the week of September 4).

I did not get anything from them, so after talking to my school's OCS office, I emailed this morning to notify them that I have another offer expiring next week (which they encouraged me to do when I visited). I got an immediate response saying they're still bringing in candidates, they appreciate my patience, and they'll have an answer to me by next week.

I know this means I'm on a waitlist, but why do they do this?? I know another person who's gotten an offer there, so it's frustrating to receive an unsolicited email insisting that they "haven't given out any offers because they're still bringing in candidates." I know this isn't really true; I assume they're waiting for someone else to turn them down, but why reach out to pretend otherwise in the first place? They're my top choice, and if I got an offer from them I would turn the other one down (which they know), and I don't really know what to do. Boston's been really crappy for me this year.

Can I ask what firm is this?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Pepper Hamilton offer recently, very interested
Is this in the IP department or general?

Soniassi

New

Post by Soniassi » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone apply for Goodwin's Asia Track program? Interviewed with HK partner last week but radio silence . . .
Same boat... I was told that decision would be out this week...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:So I have a Boston firm (small class) which reached out to me, unsolicited, last week after three weeks of radio silence post-CB. The email I got said they were still considering my application, and that I shouldn't make assumptions about my candidacy, but that I should have a decision within a week or so. I responded thanking the recruiter and reiterating my interest in the firm, and he emailed back pretty quickly, saying that I'd have a decision by early this week (as in, the week of September 4).

Latham

liam31

New

Post by liam31 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Latham
Why are they your top choice. They are one of the few firms that have a proven track record of laying off 1st years with no review history during a bad economy. A bad economy could be coming and being at Latham is a recipe for disaster.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:30 pm

Soniassi wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone apply for Goodwin's Asia Track program? Interviewed with HK partner last week but radio silence . . .
End of the week...have you heard from them yet?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Pepper Hamilton offer recently, very interested
Is this in the IP department or general?

IP. Sorry for the late answer

Soniassi

New

Post by Soniassi » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Soniassi wrote:
End of the week...have you heard from them yet?
Nope. I think they are still making decisions.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:41 pm

Did anyone with a Locke Lord callback ever hear back?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Did anyone with a Locke Lord callback ever hear back?
I haven't, but I'm sure other people have. They have a small summer class. I guess they give out some offers to their first choices, then wait to see if the offers are accepted before moving to the next round. I guess we're in some sort of waitlist situation.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:02 pm

Any Goodwin 3L offers?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:20 pm

Anyone hear of H&K Boston offers? Had CB a month ago and radio silence....

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear of H&K Boston offers? Had CB a month ago and radio silence....
I got a rejection letter about a week after CB. Maybe there's still hope since you didn't?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”