Student loan refinancing thru firm?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Student loan refinancing thru firm?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:24 pm

I heard recently some firms have special partnerships with banks for associates to refinance their loans at really low rates. Is that actually true? Any data points?

JenDarby

Re: Student loan refinancing thru firm?

Postby JenDarby » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I heard recently some firms have special partnerships with banks for associates to refinance their loans at really low rates. Is that actually true? Any data points?

it is generally true, but from what I have seen/heard the rates often aren't actually better than the rates you could get at say First Republic Bank, or even often SoFi/Earnest/CommonBond

since credit pulls for the same purpose within a couple week span are generally treated as one, the bottom line is you should always price out your refinance (exception being maybe FRB since their fixed rates are generally better than competitors fixed and variable rates)

peruse this thread: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=220025&start=3575

Return to “Legal Employment”