Wilson Sonsini (WSGR) Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Wilson Sonsini (WSGR)

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:04 pm

Has anyone from any school heard anything from Wilson? Seems like there's been no movement from them at any schools.

Anonymous User

Re: Wilson Sonsini (WSGR)

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:45 pm

Silence so far...Interviewed one week ago

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:48 pm

A classmate received a CB from their PA location

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:A classmate received a CB from their PA location
School?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:A classmate received a CB from their PA location
Same, lower t14

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:55 pm

(OP) What was the turnaround time? Immediate, or a few days on the cb? Thanks!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:33 pm

My friend works there. He's interviewing a kid today.

Clarification: it's a cb.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:42 pm

Had a CB interview for the SV office on Aug 10. Hiring committee meets every Wednesday, so I'm hoping for good news next week.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:20 pm

i received a callback yesterday. screener interview at school on monday.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:i received a callback yesterday. screener interview at school on monday.
Mind sharing what school?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Had a CB interview for the SV office on Aug 10. Hiring committee meets every Wednesday, so I'm hoping for good news next week.
How shortly after your interview did you get CB invite? Mind sharing a bit about CB process? Best of luck to you!!!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:53 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Had a CB interview for the SV office on Aug 10. Hiring committee meets every Wednesday, so I'm hoping for good news next week.
How shortly after your interview did you get CB invite? Mind sharing a bit about CB process? Best of luck to you!!!
Interviewed on a Monday and received CB on Sunday afternoon/evening. They use an online system through which you will schedule your own CB date and time. CB in SV goes like this: four 30 min one-on-one interviews followed by a lunch/dinner depending on time slot. The recruiting manager walks you to the first attorney's office, and that attorney will walk you to the next office, and so on. Not sure if this is standard, but my first two interviews were with associates, and last two were with partners. Following lunch was with two associates. I felt the process was really enjoyable. Maybe I was just lucky, but my interviewers were awesome. Very nice. Questions included: why do you want to do (practice area)? Why WSGR? (A few used this one-->) Name a problem you've encountered and how you solved it. Also, I was repeatedly asked about my work experience. At this point in the process, you really should be able to knock these questions out of the park.
NOTE: if interviewer starts with the, "so, tell me about yourself," you really should tell your story in a way that answers why you are interested in your particular practice area, and bonus points if you can weave-in reasons for your interests in WSGR as well. Don't be afraid to take the reins (in a very respectful manner, of course) and tell a longstory - if your answers are interesting, they will be happy to listen. If you can make people laugh, do so with your story in a way that is tasteful.

As I'm sure you've all heard before, the interviewers are gauging whether they would like to work with you. Social capacity plays a big role here. Good luck!!! I'll update when I get a response from the firm.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:31 pm

Anyone deciding between Wilson sonsini and fenwick? If so what does your thought process look like? I'm so conflicted

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”