District Attorney's Offices 2018 Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
encore1101

Silver

Re: District Attorney's Offices 2018

Post by encore1101 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Can you elaborate on why they don't get an automatic offer OR at least a strong edge over normal applicants?

From my knowledge, Manhattan, as well as a few other offices, interns skip their first round assuming they have a favorable intern evaluation.

They don't get an automatic offer because the number of interns per summer exceeds the number of hirees. And just because someone was a good intern doesn't mean they'll be a good ADA.

edited for correction!
Last edited by encore1101 on Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I haven't even had a 2nd with Manhattan. 1st round was ~8 weeks ago.

Same boat but mine was about 5 weeks ago.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:36 pm

Manhattan Interns DO NOT skip their first-round interviews. Rather, DANY interns are just interviewed in early August (usually the first week) before the internship ends.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Manhattan Interns DO NOT skip their first-round interviews. Rather, DANY interns are just interviewed in early August (usually the first week) before the internship ends.
+1

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:14 pm

Those of you who had Bronx 3rd rounds this week, what happened? Did you get an offer in the room?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:16 am

No offers in the room. I got an offer only after I told them that I had a competing offer.

On that note, I just got an offer from the Bronx, Nassau, and the Queens office. Anyone have any advice on pros and cons for either office? Also, where do people generally live if they work for the Queens DA?
Last edited by Anonymous User on Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:21 am

Anonymous User wrote:No offers in the room. I got an offer only after I told them that I had a competing offer.

On that note, I just got an offer from the Bronx, and the Queens office. Anyone have any advice on pros and cons for either office?

When did you tell them you had another offer, assuming it wasn't in the room. Also what should I expect in the third interview? Thanks.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:27 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:No offers in the room. I got an offer only after I told them that I had a competing offer.

On that note, I just got an offer from the Bronx, and the Queens office. Anyone have any advice on pros and cons for either office?

When did you tell them you had another offer, assuming it wasn't in the room. Also what should I expect in the third interview? Thanks.

I told them I had an offer three business days after my third round with them. Third round was pretty intense because they threw a lot of questions at you and it was a bit aggressive. Just be able to answer the questions and stand your ground.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:56 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I told them I had an offer three business days after my third round with them. Third round was pretty intense because they threw a lot of questions at you and it was a bit aggressive. Just be able to answer the questions and stand your ground.

What were the questions? Hypos? Resume based? Why DA/Why Bronx related?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:00 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

What were the questions? Hypos? Resume based? Why DA/Why Bronx related?
All of the questions were related to the resume and why Bronx and not the other boroughs.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:17 am

On that note, I just got an offer from the Bronx, Nassau, and the Queens office. Anyone have any advice on pros and cons for either office? Also, where do people generally live if they work for the Queens DA?
I have had peers a year ahead of me in law school go to both. Those in the Bronx seem pretty unhappy. Management is odd and some ADAs did not have offices or computers for a long time. Also, they don't even have Lexis or Westlaw. I had two friends go to Queens. They enjoy it and I think one lives in Brooklyn.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

How soon after you told them did you get an offer? Was it by phone or email? Thanks!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:09 pm

Did Queens make your offer before or after you told them you had others?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:10 pm

Is there anyone else who has been on hold with Queens for the spring class? Trying to figure out how to best handle it.

sonia23

New

Post by sonia23 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

How soon after you told them did you get an offer? Was it by phone or email? Thanks!
I told them that morning and received a phone call that evening. Goodluck!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Did Queens make your offer before or after you told them you had others?
Queens made an offer after I told them I had two other offers. It takes a while with them, but they were really communicative once I told them. Goodluck with everything! I know it's very stressful.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:17 pm

Anyone have any clue what the Manhattan DA timeline is? I had my OCI in September, they called my old bosses about 3 weeks ago, and I emailed them about the status of my application and they said it was "pending" 2 weeks ago.

I've never been to these forums ever but I am getting a little nervous now that its nearly Thanksgiving. Any info would be helpful thanks.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone have any clue what the Manhattan DA timeline is? I had my OCI in September, they called my old bosses about 3 weeks ago, and I emailed them about the status of my application and they said it was "pending" 2 weeks ago.

I've never been to these forums ever but I am getting a little nervous now that its nearly Thanksgiving. Any info would be helpful thanks.
Had my initial interview in Oct. From what I have read on this forum they take a while.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone have any clue what the Manhattan DA timeline is? I had my OCI in September, they called my old bosses about 3 weeks ago, and I emailed them about the status of my application and they said it was "pending" 2 weeks ago.

Had my initial interview in Oct. From what I have read on this forum they take a while.
Well, that makes me feel better.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I had a round 1 during OCI in September and they called all three of my references the same week. Then I got an email about a week later asking to schedule my round 2, which I did early October. Now, radio silence... If it makes you feel any better, I know people with first round interviews scheduled at the end of this month. As long as you don't get a rejection letter/email there's still hope.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I had a round 1 during OCI in September and they called all three of my references the same week. Then I got an email about a week later asking to schedule my round 2, which I did early October. Now, radio silence... If it makes you feel any better, I know people with first round interviews scheduled at the end of this month. As long as you don't get a rejection letter/email there's still hope.
Ya the radio silence kills me. This might just be optimistic bs but it seems kind of weird if they called my old employers (both of which said the conversation went great) and then didn't plan to interview me again.

Hoping for the best over here and praying I have some good news by Christmas to tell my parents. I guess no news is good news like everyone's saying.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Do you have any advice on the Manhattan 2nd round? What kind of questions did they ask? At my first round, I got bombarded with loads of ethical hypos.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:07 pm

With Brooklyn, I hear that they have had interviews scheduled with the 2nd panel (third round overall) for people who were summer interns. Any fall/spring interns, or non interns get the second panel interview yet with the executive staff?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:15 am

Does anyone know the timeline after 3rd round interviews? I.e. how long till offer/rejection?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:03 pm

What are some sample Hypos for Manhattan DA second/third round interview?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”