NYU EIW 2017 Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: NYU EIW 2017

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:55 pm

Debevoise ding (MT)

Seems like most, if not everything going out at this point is dings

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Debevoise ding (MT)

Yeah, according to OCS there probably won't be more callbacks except for a slight surge in September for people on waitlists.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Yeah, according to OCS there probably won't be more callbacks except for a slight surge in September for people on waitlists.
Really? They told me there are still several firms where no one has heard anything, but everyone's information is incomplete.

So, if we don't have many callbacks at this point we are probably SOL?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Really? They told me there are still several firms where no one has heard anything, but everyone's information is incomplete.

Huh. That's interesting. Perhaps it's different depending on market/firm size.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote: Yeah, according to OCS there probably won't be more callbacks except for a slight surge in September for people on waitlists.

Speaking as someone lucky to have a number of callbacks, I'll be cancelling some soon (as a result of an offer), so my bet is that as others do the same, people may see some movement. Still, if I were in your shoes, I'd be massmailing like crazy to any firm in any market I have ties to. All of that being said with the caveat that Fall OCI does exist (though, no clue on how much success that garners).
Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:25 pm

Deb ding (NM) as well, so looks like they're sending them en masse.

Still waiting to hear either way on Shearman + Norton Rose interviewers that have been mentioned in here for dings; sure it's a WL thing but p annoying.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:15 pm

It's particularly nice when an email says "Mr X. enjoyed meeting with you" when you met with Ms. Y. I'm not upset.

Really.

Please god let this pain end.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:It's particularly nice when an email says "Mr X. enjoyed meeting with you" when you met with Ms. Y. I'm not upset.

Really.

It's even better when the rejection email has a signature line that boasts the firm is one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For". (This was Cooley).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:It's particularly nice when an email says "Mr X. enjoyed meeting with you" when you met with Ms. Y. I'm not upset.

Really.

It's even better when the rejection email has a signature line that boasts the firm is one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For". (This was Cooley).
Hold me, anon.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote: Yeah, according to OCS there probably won't be more callbacks except for a slight surge in September for people on waitlists.

Speaking as someone lucky to have a number of callbacks, I'll be cancelling some soon (as a result of an offer), so my bet is that as others do the same, people may see some movement. Still, if I were in your shoes, I'd be massmailing like crazy to any firm in any market I have ties to. All of that being said with the caveat that Fall OCI does exist (though, no clue on how much success that garners).
Congratulations Anon! (I'm definitely not sitting here praying you cancel with a firm I like.)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:47 pm

Alston & Bird ding

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:09 pm

So is the general consensus that 99% of the firms we haven't heard from have us on a waitlist? If so, ideas of timelines?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So is the general consensus that 99% of the firms we haven't heard from have us on a waitlist? If so, ideas of timelines?
I think the general consensus is that firms that have given dings but we haven't heard from have us on the waitlist.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:06 pm

Anyone else notice a correlation bt receiving business cards in interviews and getting dinged? This has happened to me multiple times now, starting to think its not a coincidence..

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone else notice a correlation bt receiving business cards in interviews and getting dinged? This has happened to me multiple times now, starting to think its not a coincidence..
I got every cb where that happened...wish there was some logic to it but I think it's just different firms have different styles.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:17 pm

Also, for reference, what's the average number of callbacks? I want to know whether I sucked or not compared to my classmates? Please advise.

Cheers,
Neurotic

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Also, for reference, what's the average number of callbacks? I want to know whether I sucked or not compared to my classmates? Please advise.

Cheers,
Neurotic
You can see that in the strike a match PowerPoint on symplicity, by gpa.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Also, for reference, what's the average number of callbacks? I want to know whether I sucked or not compared to my classmates? Please advise.

Cheers,
Neurotic
Yikes. I'm at half of what I should be based on GPA; have only been told I'm an excellent interviewer... - not op of this comment thread

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:52 pm

The waiting is terrifying.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Cheers,
Neurotic
Yikes. I'm at half of what I should be based on GPA; have only been told I'm an excellent interviewer... - not op of this comment thread
All that matters is that you get callbacks and offers from the firms that you actually wanted to get callbacks and offers from. No one gives a shit that you got 15 callbacks.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Cheers,
Neurotic
IDK, I performed exactly as the data suggested. I was assuming that made me an average interviewer, but honestly these things are such a crap shoot I have no idea what to think anymore.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:28 pm

What got me the most was that I would have interviews that went horribly--and I would get a callback. Others that I thought were oh so wonderful, nothing or a ding.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:20 pm

Sorry to ask but I don't feel like searching other boards lol. How long do offers/rejections usually take after CBs?

Bartolomeus

New

Post by Bartolomeus » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:56 pm

Totally depends on the firm and its structure. Some firms have hiring committees that only meet every X days, while others have a more central authority who makes the hiring decision for the office.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:35 pm

Kirkland SF/SV ding

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”