CA OCI Callbacks/Offers/Dings Thread Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: CA OCI Callbacks/Offers/Dings Thread

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:28 pm

DPW Menlo and MoFo SF CBs

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:25 pm

Any Gibson offers or dings post-callback?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any Gibson offers or dings post-callback?
Would love to know about this as well

LilZ

New

Post by LilZ » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:39 am

Anonymous User wrote:weil sv email ding
Post-CB?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:39 am

How picky is Fenwick regarding grades? Most of my friends either have callbacks or dings at this point. I got a lovely follow up email from an interviewer saying the firm enjoyed meeting me and will be in touch soon.

Are CB and rejection decisions made over the weekend? My assumption is hiring committees only meet on weekdays--is this assumption correct?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:40 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Is it a good or bad sign if a firm sends voluntary self-id forms to you and you've confirmed that other screeners didn't get it ? I'm leaning towards it doesnt matter lol

what firm?
Orrick
OMG I GET THESE TOO--WHAT DO THEY MEAN!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:46 am

Anonymous User wrote:
chicken_tenders wrote:I would love to know if callbacks went out of Morgan Lewis LA

Just got a rejection email from them
Did anyone get a generic recruiting email "we are considering you and will reach a decision soon" a few days after the interview with Morgan Lewis? Does this come before the ding?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
chicken_tenders wrote:I would love to know if callbacks went out of Morgan Lewis LA

Did anyone get a generic recruiting email "we are considering you and will reach a decision soon" a few days after the interview with Morgan Lewis? Does this come before the ding?
I think that bodes well actually. I got the rejection email without getting the "we are still considering you" email. Good luck to you!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:03 pm

Has anyone received an orrick offer yet?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:anyone hear from Goodwin sf/sv?
I have done a CB with Goodwin SV
Did one with Goodwin SF almost 2 weeks ago and no word.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:36 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I think that bodes well actually. I got the rejection email without getting the "we are still considering you" email. Good luck to you!
omg thank you! this gives me hope as I have NO callbacks yet!

Gymnastics

New

Post by Gymnastics » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:36 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

omg thank you! this gives me hope as I have NO callbacks yet!
I hope you get positive responses from firms you are still waiting on--good luck!!!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:38 am

do rejections come by email only these days, or do I have snail mail dings to look forward to? :(

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

SmokeytheBear

Silver

Post by SmokeytheBear » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:58 pm

Posted this on the LA thread as well, but want you guys to read it too.

Guys, come on. I have done maybe a dozen or so callback interviews or lunches/dinners so far and it seems like people are just not trying (yes, I am at a top, top firm on whatever ranking you want to consider). I very must dislike the question "Why do you want to be at [my firm]?" because it's the kind of canned question I have to ask when conversation has run dry. And I've asked it to 10 of 12 people.

What is worse? Only one of those people could say something intelligent about a deal or case my office has handled.

"You guys do a lot of transactional work" is not an answer.

Spend ten minutes (it should only take five) to look on the firm's website to see what deals the office has done recently (every firm highlights recent work by an office -- and some will link to recent deals on people's bio pages). It takes so little effort you could do it while you're valeting your car. And it will go miles.

Please try.

CalSquared

New

Post by CalSquared » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:50 pm

Did pre-OCI interviews with Gibson SF (got an offer the next day) and Fenwick (got an offer 3 days later).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:10 pm

Latham SF and SV gave me contradicting timelines...is hiring decentralized at these offices?

lebongenre

Bronze

Post by lebongenre » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:23 pm

SmokeytheBear wrote:Posted this on the LA thread as well, but want you guys to read it too.

Guys, come on. I have done maybe a dozen or so callback interviews or lunches/dinners so far and it seems like people are just not trying (yes, I am at a top, top firm on whatever ranking you want to consider). I very must dislike the question "Why do you want to be at [my firm]?" because it's the kind of canned question I have to ask when conversation has run dry. And I've asked it to 10 of 12 people.

What is worse? Only one of those people could say something intelligent about a deal or case my office has handled.

Spend ten minutes (it should only take five) to look on the firm's website to see what deals the office has done recently (every firm highlights recent work by an office -- and some will link to recent deals on people's bio pages). It takes so little effort you could do it while you're valeting your car. And it will go miles.

Please try.
Do you have any suggestions for how 2Ls can address the deals the office has done w/o treading into (potentially) ignorant assumptions about corporate practice? I was able to get an offer that I'm happy with by focusing on the firm/corporate group's position within the local market, but I couldn't really think of a "safe" way to bring up recent deals other than to talk about how I liked that the firm works a lot w/XYZ industry.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

SmokeytheBear

Silver

Post by SmokeytheBear » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:29 pm

lebongenre wrote:
SmokeytheBear wrote:Posted this on the LA thread as well, but want you guys to read it too.

Please try.
Do you have any suggestions for how 2Ls can address the deals the office has done w/o treading into (potentially) ignorant assumptions about corporate practice? I was able to get an offer that I'm happy with by focusing on the firm/corporate group's position within the local market, but I couldn't really think of a "safe" way to bring up recent deals other than to talk about how I liked that the firm works a lot w/XYZ industry.
Really it doesnt take much. Mostly I just want to know that the recruit tried. Something like "I saw you guys recently did [x], were you involved in that deal?" Or "I saw that you were involved in the [x] deal--that seems pretty cool. Can you tell me a bit about it?" Every lawyer likes talking about a deal the've been on, so you really aren't doing much else other than teeing it up for the attorney. I just want to see that you tried to look at what we do. If you can talk intelligently about the industry or the client, bonus points.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:51 pm

SmokeytheBear wrote: It takes so little effort you could do it while you're valeting your car.
lol

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:38 pm

Goodwin SF ding

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:20 am

Anyone heard from:

Best Best Krieger
Hecht Solberg
Haynes and Boone

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:20 am

what is the typical turnaround time from cb to offer/ding for LA firms? school is very nyc-centric, so i'm not sure what to expect here

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:54 am

Anonymous User wrote:Wilson sonsini and pepper Hamilton dings
Mail or email?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Latham SF and SV gave me contradicting timelines...is hiring decentralized at these offices?
Each office handles its own hiring, so timelines will likely vary from one to another

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:46 pm

Still haven't heard anything from Gibson LA after a screener 2+ weeks ago. I'm assuming that's a ding.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”