NYC DA Offices, 2L Internship Question Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
LesterFreamon

New

NYC DA Offices, 2L Internship Question

Post by LesterFreamon » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:53 pm

I was hoping those with experience could shed some light into what 2L internships at the different DA offices are like. I've been doing a deep dive of posts in this forum but have mostly found information about post-JD hiring.

A few questions:

1. For those with experience with Brooklyn/Bronx/Manhattan/Queens, what are the general intern duties?

I'm a rising 2L interning at a DA right now and I have had the opportunity to write a lot of motions and work with prosecutors directly, which I've really liked. I've read that the tasks assigned to 2Ls in Brooklyn are pretty menial (entering stuff into spreadsheets, not many opportunities to get seriously involved in a case). I know the Philly DA allows interns to have their own caseload, which seems to be the other side of that spectrum.

2. Does anyone have any input on 2L OCI with the NY offices? What type of questions should I be prepared for? I'm asking particularly about Brooklyn, but I'm sure those with experience with other NY offices know a little about this too.

3. If someone receives an offer from one of these offices from OCI, how long does one have to accept? The applications for the other NY offices don't open for a while if you aren't doing it through OCI.

4. General DA OCI tips?

Any information about 2L NY DA OCI would be super helpful. Thanks!

Return to “Legal Employment”