I changed geographical preferences, do I tell the interviewer? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

I changed geographical preferences, do I tell the interviewer?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:54 am

I have an interview at an offsite interview fair within the next few weeks. One of the firms I'm interviewing with is interviewing for several offices, but they asked for interviewees to select only the one they had the highest preference for and to tell the interviewers if they wished to be considered for several offices.

When I placed my bid, I initially selected one office, but now my preference has rather drastically changed (think different time zones). I checked symplicity and I think the same interviewers are interviewing for every office. Part of the reason my preference has changed is because I went to a reception at the office I now prefer.

How bad does it make me look to tell the interviewer(s) my preferred office changed?

Dr. Nefario

Gold

Re: I changed geographical preferences, do I tell the interviewer?

Post by Dr. Nefario » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:56 am

Just tell them about your visit and how much you loved that office, mention you think it's the office you'd be most interested in, and that you're open to other offices. It's not a big deal at all.

ClubberLang

Bronze

Re: I changed geographical preferences, do I tell the interviewer?

Post by ClubberLang » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:29 am

It is probably not a big deal, but it is weird that attending a reception is enough to make you want to change time zones. If the same interviewer is doing all of the offices, I'd wait to see if you get a CB, then bring it up to see if you can do CB in preferred office.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”