"Alternate" with a scheduled time Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

"Alternate" with a scheduled time

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:34 pm

Under my scheduled interviews I have interview times set up like all others with three firms. However, when I go back to my bid-list I'm labeled an alternate. I have a few other "alternates" on my list, which do not have scheduled times. What does this mean?

And also, can the alternate system hurt you in some cases? One which I'm labeled an alternate was one I bid the highest, meaning I probably would have gotten a lottery select if I wasn't an alternate.

RaceJudicata

Gold

Re: "Alternate" with a scheduled time

Post by RaceJudicata » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:42 pm

Gonna have to let people know what school so your classmates/alums can be helpful.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Under my scheduled interviews I have interview times set up like all others with three firms. However, when I go back to my bid-list I'm labeled an alternate. I have a few other "alternates" on my list, which do not have scheduled times. What does this mean?

And also, can the alternate system hurt you in some cases? One which I'm labeled an alternate was one I bid the highest, meaning I probably would have gotten a lottery select if I wasn't an alternate.
I'm guessing that this is UT, because the list just dropped and I noticed the same thing with one of my alternate interviews.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:06 pm

OP - Yes, UT.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:40 pm

My understanding from last year is that you were further down their list of people they wanted to interview but beyond what they had slots for as preselects. It means that some people they preselected already had filled schedules and so you, as an alternate, we awarded the slots. For the non-awarded slots that have you listed as an alternate, you should receive those if other preselects reject the opportunity to interview. I think it’s a great sign for those interviews as they wanted to interview you but were lacking the slots due to the lottery system. Good luck.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”