Advice for meeting with GC Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Advice for meeting with GC

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:23 pm

Rising 3L at a T14, struck out at OCI and grades are below median, but landed in-house at a large bank for this summer. Couple of my bosses (managing directors and deputy GC's) have been sending my resumes to large firms for entry level positions. I have a one-on-one meeting tomorrow with the main GC, who is obv a big deal. What kind of questions should I ask him? Anyway can bring up the idea of him sending my resume to some of our outside counsels? He yields a lot of power, but I don't want to just randomly bring it up.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lolwat

Silver

Re: Advice for meeting with GC

Post by lolwat » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:35 pm

Idk about questions but I wouldnt bring up passing yoyr resume around. Either he'll offer or he won't.

LaLiLuLeLo

Silver

Re: Advice for meeting with GC

Post by LaLiLuLeLo » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:49 pm

Best bet would to talk about your career goals organically if it comes up and hope the GC offers to pass along your resume.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”