HYS with All Ps. What are my chances? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

HYS with All Ps. What are my chances?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:27 am

Hi,

So I just graduated and am studying for the bar exam with no job. All of my grades are Ps except for one DS. I didn't do EIP because I didn't want to work at a firm, but now I am thinking about mass emailing.

What are my chances at biglaw or even a mid-sized firm? I did public interest internships during the two summers while I was a law student. Anyone with similar grades? Please help!

Anonymous User

Re: HYS with All Ps. What are my chances?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:03 am

If you're going to refer to OCI as EIP and say you earned a DS, why not just come out and say you attend HLS?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:26 am

OP here. Yeah, haha so I do go to HLS. So what are my chances?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:16 pm

At this stage, I don't think you can handicap "chances". If a firm has an opening, you have as good a chance as anyone - I assume there are not a lot of T14 graduates in the top 10% looking to switch firms at this stage. I "upgraded" firms a couple weeks after graduation, although I had somewhat better grades and had worked at a big firm 2L summer. The reason it worked was because my current firm had brought on a niche practice group and needed people quickly. Keep an eye on the news and on Symplicity, and apply to the three or four firms that gained/lost groups recently, or are posting for a second year in tax in their Duluth office.

Another place worth looking is the list of firms interviewing 3Ls at OCI EIP. Perhaps you can get it from career services, or from a current student. In some instances, that might mean the firm needs bodies now. My guess is they wouldn't interview a 4L at OCI but you can then contact those firms independently.

SmokeytheBear

Silver

Post by SmokeytheBear » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:21 pm

At this point you might have slightly better changes once you've passed the bar.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”