BLG Job Fair 2017 Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
sunwave_

New

BLG Job Fair 2017

Post by sunwave_ » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:28 am

Haven't seen a post about the Boston Lawyers Group Job Fair yet so figured I'd start one. It's just a waiting game for a couple more weeks though, so any past participants have any helpful info?

Anonymous User

Re: BLG Job Fair 2017

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:38 pm

Bumping because bidlists have been posted. Pleasantly surprised they're early!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:23 am

Idk if anyone would see this, but do you guys see any changes on symplicity? Mine is still all applied.

smile0751

Bronze

Post by smile0751 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:31 am

Did this last year. Happy to answer any questions.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:56 am

smile0751 wrote:Did this last year. Happy to answer any questions.
I read posts from 2014 blg and it seemed like everyone was getting their results late. Did you experience that last year too? It just makes it so harder and expensive to schedule things..

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

smile0751

Bronze

Post by smile0751 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:15 am

Anonymous User wrote:
I read posts from 2014 blg and it seemed like everyone was getting their results late. Did you experience that last year too? It just makes it so harder and expensive to schedule things..
I seem to recall that some deadlines were pushed back which delayed when we found out our list of interviews. This really messed with my OCI strategy because I wanted to know who I was interviewing with at BLG so I could interview with other firms on campus. I emailed BLG and the person who was running it was so helpful and actually told me the firms I was interviewing with early so I could plan accordingly. If you have some special circumstance, don't hesitate to reach out to them. I found them to be very reasonable and understanding of this madness.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:46 am

smile0751 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
I seem to recall that some deadlines were pushed back which delayed when we found out our list of interviews. This really messed with my OCI strategy because I wanted to know who I was interviewing with at BLG so I could interview with other firms on campus. I emailed BLG and the person who was running it was so helpful and actually told me the firms I was interviewing with early so I could plan accordingly. If you have some special circumstance, don't hesitate to reach out to them. I found them to be very reasonable and understanding of this madness.
That's an awesome tip! Thanks I will try to contact them if I don't hear from them anytime soon.
Also, from your experience, did you feel like the firms wanted to check whether you had strong ties to Boston? I mean for me I would think that Boston is a big enough market so employers wouldnt need to be convinced too much on that as opposed to employers in secondary markets.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:49 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Screener interviews are up btw, unless you're referring to callbacks/offers. Deadline for cancelling interviews was last night.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Screener interviews are up btw, unless you're referring to callbacks/offers. Deadline for cancelling interviews was last night.
Oh well.. I meant screeners.. I mustve not been selected then bc mine is still just 'applied' :(

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

smile0751

Bronze

Post by smile0751 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
smile0751 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
That's an awesome tip! Thanks I will try to contact them if I don't hear from them anytime soon.
Also, from your experience, did you feel like the firms wanted to check whether you had strong ties to Boston? I mean for me I would think that Boston is a big enough market so employers wouldnt need to be convinced too much on that as opposed to employers in secondary markets.
Yes I found Boston firms really do care about ties. One of the reasons I did BLG was to prove that I was serious about Boston.

Boston's legal market isn't as big as you'd think and it's insular. Id definately prepare a good story to tell as to why Boston is the best city for you.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:26 pm

Morgan Lewis callbacks are out. Any other firm?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”