HLS EIP 2017

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 302855
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:26 pm

No Latham cb--worth sending a follow up email or no hope?

Anonymous User
Posts: 302855
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:22 am

my grades: 5 Ps, 4 LPs, 1 H (in spring term core class).
2 years of work experience. liberal arts double major at a non-ivy ug
I have a legitimate explanation for the grades, but no explanation can take away the shock value of my transcript.
what firms might be forgiving and take a chance on me?

Anonymous User
Posts: 302855
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:11 am

I've had 16 interviews and have one callback...

2Hs, so that's not great. Not every place has asked for transcript though. Interviews seem to go well, but I guess I'll try to do a mock interview this morning to recalibrate. I am ready for death.

Anonymous User
Posts: 302855
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:24 am

Anonymous User wrote:I've had 16 interviews and have one callback...

2Hs, so that's not great. Not every place has asked for transcript though. Interviews seem to go well, but I guess I'll try to do a mock interview this morning to recalibrate. I am ready for death.


FWIW, I had 5 Hs going into OCI last year and didn't receive my first callback until Wednesday morning. Ended up with around 10 CBs.

Anonymous User
Posts: 302855
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:08 am

Anonymous User wrote:I've had 16 interviews and have one callback...

2Hs, so that's not great. Not every place has asked for transcript though. Interviews seem to go well, but I guess I'll try to do a mock interview this morning to recalibrate. I am ready for death.


I can't stress enough the helpfulness of mock interviews. OCS might be crap at times, but they really helped me out when I wasn't getting enough callbacks last year at EIP through mock interview coaching. Ended up getting 11 callbacks with the same grade despite having super slow start to the EIP.

Good luck

Anonymous User
Posts: 302855
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:55 am

Cravath CB (RB)

Anonymous User
Posts: 302855
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:15 pm

Akin D.C. CB (CJ)

Anonymous User
Posts: 302855
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:46 pm

O'Melveny CC (SV) and LA callbacks

Anonymous User
Posts: 302855
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:36 pm

GDC NY CB (no dinner invite)

Anonymous User
Posts: 302855
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:41 pm

Skadden NY CB (DY)

Anonymous User
Posts: 302855
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:02 pm

If I have to chuckle after an interviewer says "I see you worked at X before law school... and that didn't scare you off?".. one more time, I am going to commit seppuku with a firm-branded pen.

How do these firms distinguish among us when everyone is polished, everyone is "on", everyone is doing and saying the same things? I have yet to watch a student go into or exit an interview without performing the exact same routine with the exact same smile we all have plastered on.

I am exhausted and I am dejected and I am sick of pretending that I'm having a good time. Time to go home, order a calzone, and cry in the shower.

Anonymous User
Posts: 302855
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:16 pm

To the above calzone eater, I hope you feel better, friend. Everyone is tired but we will all land on our feet and be okay.

Anonymous User
Posts: 302855
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:27 pm

There's an @AnonCalzoneEater in all of us by this point. Callbacks seem to be especially slow going this year.

Anonymous User
Posts: 302855
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:39 pm

If a firm doesn't ask for a transcript and we don't offer one, does this mean they might give a cb without the transcript?
so far I have done 14 interviews and gotten 0 cbs. do lower ranked firms take longer to get back to people?

Gymnastics
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:17 pm

Re: HLS EIP 2017

Postby Gymnastics » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I've had 16 interviews and have one callback...

2Hs, so that's not great. Not every place has asked for transcript though. Interviews seem to go well, but I guess I'll try to do a mock interview this morning to recalibrate. I am ready for death.


did u get a cb at the place that didn't ask for transcript? freaking out about forgetting to give my transcript when not asked

Anonymous User
Posts: 302855
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:41 pm

Any callbacks for Pillsbury
Arnold and Porter
BakerHostetler ?

Anonymous User
Posts: 302855
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:45 pm

Gymnastics wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I've had 16 interviews and have one callback...

2Hs, so that's not great. Not every place has asked for transcript though. Interviews seem to go well, but I guess I'll try to do a mock interview this morning to recalibrate. I am ready for death.


did u get a cb at the place that didn't ask for transcript? freaking out about forgetting to give my transcript when not asked


I know someone who forgot to give a transcript. Recruiting reached out for it and they got a callback two hours later.
Not a done deal, some people just forget sometimes

Anonymous User
Posts: 302855
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Gymnastics wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I've had 16 interviews and have one callback...

2Hs, so that's not great. Not every place has asked for transcript though. Interviews seem to go well, but I guess I'll try to do a mock interview this morning to recalibrate. I am ready for death.


did u get a cb at the place that didn't ask for transcript? freaking out about forgetting to give my transcript when not asked


I know someone who forgot to give a transcript. Recruiting reached out for it and they got a callback two hours later.
Not a done deal, some people just forget sometimes


Thank you!

Anonymous User
Posts: 302855
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:19 pm

Does dinner invitation after the interview equal to a CB? I dozed off and missed one such invitation...kind of panicking right now

Anonymous User
Posts: 302855
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Does dinner invitation after the interview equal to a CB? I dozed off and missed one such invitation...kind of panicking right now


Also, does no dinner invitation at a firm that does dinner equal no CB?

Anonymous User
Posts: 302855
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Does dinner invitation after the interview equal to a CB? I dozed off and missed one such invitation...kind of panicking right now


Also, does no dinner invitation at a firm that does dinner equal no CB?


I think it varies by firm. I got a Gibson Dunn CB without dinner and I've heard that's common but I don't know about others.

Anonymous User wrote:Any callbacks for Pillsbury
Arnold and Porter
BakerHostetler ?


APKS DC and NY have started CBs, not sure if they're done or even close.

Anonymous User
Posts: 302855
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Does dinner invitation after the interview equal to a CB? I dozed off and missed one such invitation...kind of panicking right now


Also, does no dinner invitation at a firm that does dinner equal no CB?


I think it varies by firm. I got a Gibson Dunn CB without dinner and I've heard that's common but I don't know about others.



Which Gibson office?

Anonymous User
Posts: 302855
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:38 pm

Fuuuuck what about Baker Botts. They sent me an email inviting me to a dinner after my interview but it went to my spam folder and I just now saw it. Did I blow it?

Anonymous User
Posts: 302855
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Does dinner invitation after the interview equal to a CB? I dozed off and missed one such invitation...kind of panicking right now


Also, does no dinner invitation at a firm that does dinner equal no CB?


I think it varies by firm. I got a Gibson Dunn CB without dinner and I've heard that's common but I don't know about others.



Which Gibson office?


NY, had one of the last interviews on Tuesday.

Anonymous User
Posts: 302855
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:44 pm

Any news from:

GDC DC
Skadden DC
O'Melveny DC




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.